wth i got all this foam?

jprjpr

ok so i have a closet thats small about 3 feet by 4 feet. i was thinkin of putting some foam in there for a vocal booth. or i could use my bedroom to sing in. i do r&B and Hip hop. now this is not sound proofing im just trying to have a nice clean crisp sound you know. what would have a better outcome, in my room or in the closet? ,and if there are other things i should buy to make it (the closet or the room) sounds its best let me know.
i have $ 300 to spend so shoot!

ok so i have a closet thats small about 3 feet by 4 feet. i was thinkin of putting some foam in there for a vocal booth. or i could use my bedroom to sing in. i do r&B and Hip hop. now this is not sound proofing im just trying to have a nice clean crisp sound you know. what would have a better outcome, in my room or in the closet? ,and if there are other things i should buy to make it (the closet or the room) sounds its best let me know.
i have $ 300 to spend so shoot!

Forget about a booth. There must be some website or show on Mtv or something that makes all these people think they need a booth :confused:. You have a room, yes? Treat the room. Sing in the room. For $300 you can get a case of OC703, some 1x lumber and fabric and treat your space. Forget foam. Forget a booth.

There must be some website or show on Mtv or something that makes all these people think they need a booth :confused:.

Maybe it's the same guy posting over and over again until someone finally says it's a good thing.:D

Maybe it's the same guy posting over and over again until someone finally says it's a good thing.:D

lol , could be. Am I crazy, or has there been a real spike in the number of "vocal booth" threads lately?!

I was asking the same questions before, I guess it is because us Rap Artists always see the established Rappers recording in a Vocal Booth. I have never seen a mainstream Rapper not use one.

I now know however Booths are not needed and if you was to build one, the bigger the better. Treat a large room and avoid closets. :)

Same guy that talks about egg cartons? Oh no now I mentioned it arghhhhhhhhhhhh!:eek:

You mean egg cartons are bad??? Cause i read a person who had thousands of posts on the message board so he's obviously qualified, and HE said that egg cartons were just as good at 703, and recommended that i cover my whole house with 'em to make the tv, radio, and every audio source sound better (even my alarm clock). :rolleyes:

i cover my whole house with 'em to make the tv, radio, and every audio source sound better (even my alarm clock). :rolleyes:

Rather than waste all those egg cartons, why don't you just hand out egg cartons to everyone that walks in the door and have them wrap them around their head. :eek:

Rather than waste all those egg cartons, why don't you just hand out egg cartons to everyone that walks in the door and have them wrap them around their head. :eek:
Hmm.. So if they did catch fire they'd just 'run out the door' stead'ov burning the building down.
I LIKE it! :drunk: :D

Back