where to buy or how to build 'wall of guitars' wall unit?

guitz

wall_of_guitars.jpg
I've always thought it would be cool to have a wooden 'wall of guitars' display unit, like you see in this pic.....is there a place for a non-business (indvidual) to buy something like that, or maybe plans to make something similar? So much more cooler than a mounting a guit holder to a plain jane white bedroom wall......

i've always wanted a booth that was wall to wall acoustic guitars to track some things in, thoes rooms sound awsome.

Slat Wall

This is what GC and other music stores use. Prices are quite variable depending on which finish your prefer. Iwould do a Google search as the above link is one of the first I clicked on.

Problem is, you will need to find the guitar hangers that fit in the slots...do a search for guitar hangers slat wall. I'm to lazy...

pdlstl said:
Slat Wall

This is what GC and other music stores use. Prices are quite variable depending on which finish your prefer. Iwould do a Google search as the above link is one of the first I clicked on.

Problem is, you will need to find the guitar hangers that fit in the slots...do a search for guitar hangers slat wall. I'm to lazy...

perfect...slat wall is the keyword!, thanks...

From the link I posted above...

"Slatwall also called slotwall, displaywall and slatboard...)

Hardware Hank

At the hardware store they sell screw in lag hangers. You see them all the time with hooks or other shapes. One of them just happens to fit almost all guitar necks perfectly. We buy em here for 3 bucks a piece. Cheaper solution anyway.

Maybe somebody could clarify something for me... I've thought about doing this myself as I really like the look of guitars hanging on my walls, but I've read from a few places that it can be extremely bad for the intonation of your guitar due to extra stress on the neck, expecially on electrics which are much heavier overall... does anybody know if there is any validity to this statement? Thanks.

Slat wall can be found just about anywhere, or at least in a lot of places. Hell, Home Despot can probably get it for you, if they don't already have it. The slat wall hangers can be ordered through any music store, and they are pretty cheap. All of the major wholesalers have them, though, so your local music store can easily get them, though they likely don't have any in stock to sell you.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Back