What is the life of acoustic foam?

You do realize that bigger, pro studios (old and new) don't really bother with bass trap panels and foam in the way you see them in home studios.
Usually the pro studios have all the treatment built-in, rather than added after the fact, like you might do to a bedroom or basement that's been converted to a studio.
Often, in the pro studios the traps are massive, sometimes deep behind "false" walls and ceilings...so to the untrained eye, it looks just like a room, but the treatment is actually there, massively.

Not saying there weren't any less than stellar pro studios going back to the '60s and early '70s...but I think your looking at it from a home studio perspective, what might be used and how, which would not necessarily be in a pro studio....and above all, often the size of the pro rooms makes a big difference to how much treatment is needed to "fix" things....which is usually less than small, home studios, where the size is working against you.

Yep I do realize as I built my own and know what works and what doesnt......well to an extent:)

I came across those fellas on one of the many nights going back in time but it was during my build so I always took notice of their studio. I always thought it was breeze block, I never thought about acoustic tiles etc. Like I said I have come across a few more old studio vids similar but cant think at present. I only took notice because of what I was doing at the time.

Anyway it was probably an old store room they got booted into to make the video. Probably thought it wouldnt get anywhere anyway:)

RCA figured all this out back in the 50's.

check out

RCA Nashville
Sear Sound
Sunset Sound
Bill Putnam
etc...

All extensions of RCA designs.

7275266632_cf01f046a2_b.jpg

Really?

Ok, I never once said any one way is right. In fact I made sure not to do so.

Well, i can only hope that none of my comments sounded like they were pointed at you because they definitely were not.
I just jumped in after a cursory skim of the content.
So if it came across that way, I'm sorry. Passive-aggressive is not my style.
Lazy oaf is more my style.

Back