Walk-In Closet or Small Bedroom to record vocals?!

Lankesh

Neither have any acoustic treatment.

The closet is probably 7-8 feet long, 3 feet wide, and 8 feet high. It's got hundreds of clothes on two of the sides, the door is on one side, and the other side is bare.

The bedroom is probably 13 feet long, 10 feet wide, and 9-10 feet high. It has a Queen sized bed against most of one side, a computer desk and wardrobe against another, the door and bare wall on the side, and two windows on the fourth side.

Which of these would be the more appropriate room to use to record rap vocals?

Also any cheap suggestions on how to improve sound quality for either room?

Thanks!

- Lankesh/Spitfire

(A) Bigger is almost always better. Your bedroom is almost as large as a typical studio vocal booth. Your closet is the size of a typical studio closet.

(B) As much broadband absorption as you can get (not foam, not blankets -- Something in the OC703 or Roxul family).

(A) Bigger is almost always better. Your bedroom is almost as large as a typical studio vocal booth. Your closet is the size of a typical studio closet.

(B) As much broadband absorption as you can get (not foam, not blankets -- Something in the OC703 or Roxul family).

BINGO.

By the way, just noticed your location John, and now you've got me craving coffee. I really need to get myself a Keurig.

Back