Vocal booth help

Styl,

Look into the GIK 244 for your corners. It will again make a huge difference. In a rectangular room you have 12 corners that you and use for bass trapping - not only the 4 vertical ones. ;)

Rule on treating a room: Never let untreated surfaces face each other.

This doesn't mean to treat everything with absorption panels. A few angled plywood panels or curved panels (polys) or diffusors if you can afford it, will go a long way in making the room enjoyable as well as accurate.

If you have flutter echo, you still have flat surfaces facing each other.

Cheers,
John

A few angled plywood panels or curved panels (polys) or diffusors if you can afford it
I know a "cult" that would probablydisagree with you.:D Slat/slots is all they ever talk about. I'm a poly fan though. Afterall, its a no brainer RPG uses them in their test Lab to "measure" their "diffusion"
products...which always seemed like an oxymoron to me.:laughings: I mean, if the "polys" are already fully diffusing the lab, how do you tell if the test specimen is doing anything:confused:.....see....:rolleyes::laughings:
No matter, it just convinces if me polys are used by a "diffusion" products company in their OWN lab....well, I rest my case.:D

is.php

is.php

fitZ:)

ok so now im on th hunt for 'polys' but have no idea wat theylook like.
i can go to th uk equivalent of home depot (B&Q).
and i take it these go in th 12 corners that were spoken about.
Remember this is just a vocal booth.

Also i have some acoustic foam, how much area should i be looking to cover in terms of %?

ok so now im on th hunt for 'polys' but have no idea wat theylook like.

Like a piece of 1/4" plywood.:D Fasten some cleats to the wall(at less than the width of the ply, and simply insert one edge, bend, and snap the other edge into the opposite cleat. Simple. In fact, so simple a "cave man" can do it!!:laughings:

is.php

is.php

and i take it these go in th 12 corners that were spoken about.
Remember this is just a vocal booth.
No, err.........a vocal booth:eek: oops, I didn't mean use a poly in a vocal booth...although it depends how LARGE it is.:D I meant use a poly on the rear wall. And or ceiling.......of the CR...hmmmmm, maybe I should stop and re read this thread.:rolleyes:

fitZ

~thumbs up~ Excellent Rick. perfect.

The dimensions between the 'cleats' should be about 3% less than the width of the panel. & Put some fluffy insulation or OC701 behind the poly for LF absorption. (you can't really have too much of that)

Cheers,
John

Last edited:
...if you're using Auralex, Sonnex or any of the proper acoustic foams, then the suggestion is usually to do about 60% of the wall space. I'd amend that to more like 15-20%, then use 2" or 4" panels for the rest.

Frank

ok so i like the idea of cleats...but im a bit confused now...
OK so heres the thing, i have 2 packs of 75mm rockwool and was thinking to mimic wat pure,fusion did to his room here building all those bass traps

https://homerecording.com/bbs/attachment.php?attachmentid=60005&d=1271763282

Do i do this as well as the cleats or instead of or wat? i wanna deal with all that early reflections stuff comb filtering yadda yada.
i also have some 2" wedge foam not auralex or nothin so i guess absorbtion is pretty weak. do i bother throwing that into the mix??

maybe ill take a picture n post it so u guys can give me some real specific solutions.

Thx 4 ur help

Back