Vertical or Horizontal

TonyK

So I got a good deal on foam. The question is do I mount it so the pattern is vertical or horizontal?
TonyK

Yeah, but horizontal will give a wider stereo image :=)

Oh, and Tony - yes, we're both kidding (except for my first post) - please don't take it serious, just havin' fun... Steve

Thanks guys. Actually I think I'll alter them vertically and horizontally for an ultra groovy look.
TK

Cool - I've also seen them cut into squares and mounted at 45 degrees.

Now, if and when you REALLY want your room to sound right, let's talk about rigid fiberglas, mineral wool, impaling clips, burlap, slot resonators, etc... Steve

We can talk about that sometime. Unfortunately I just spent approx 9K to get the whole basement remodelled. My little corner is just a small piece. For now I just want to tame some minor ambience in the room so I can freakin' start recording again.
TK

Been there, in fact I AM there - haven't had a place to record for over a year, life is the crap that happens to you while you're busy making plans...

As much stuff as floats through my head in a day, I've probably lost about 3-400 songs so far. Gonna kill somethin soon...

Actually I'm working on re-claiming one of the bedrooms so I don't freak waiting for my 2400 sf separate facility next to the house (about 2-3 years away)

If you like, post a pic or drawing (if you want help with placement) or if you already know, I'll just shut up... Steve

Back