Using Guitar Wall Hangers In Your Studio

Well....a case is not a longterm environment controller. It's good for a couple of hours at best. If you leave a guitar in a case, in a hot humid environment for any longer...eventually both case AND guitar are being subjected to the same heat and humidity.

Cases are more for transportation safety. There is no "rule" that guitars are best kept in cases.
If you have the guitar in a safe environment, it really isn't going to gain much from being in the case.
Now, if you have kids running around and a lot of traffic in and around the guitars...then by all means, put them in the case...but hanging up on a wall is not a "bad" thing in of itself, and it actually helps offset the constant string tension on the neck, and it will also help keep the neck true over time...plus if you hang them high enough, the small kids can't get to them, and older kids should know better.

I've known of guitars that sat in cases under someone's bed or in their attic for a bunch of years, only to end up with warped necks and all kinds of finish/wood issues because of the overall crappy environment they were in even inside their cases.

I got some guitars that have been hanging for about 10 years now....and nothing....no corrosion, no neck issues, and never got knocked over or damaged....but then, I don't have a lot of people running around through my studio, so the guitars just hang there safely and happily.

Plus....I find that guitars that are out of their cases and just waiting/hanging....get played more often than ones in a case, in a closet somewhere or some "vault".
Not to mention....they also look damn sweet all just hanging there. :cool:

YMMV... :)

if you have kids running around and a lot of traffic in and around the guitars...then by all means, put them in the case...but hanging up on a wall is not a "bad" thing in of itself

I certainly try to stuff children into cases often. But I prefer the meathook method, like you see with pigs and cows at an abbatoir. Keeps them quiet, after a few minutes of horrific pain screams.

Back