UltraTouch Denim Insulation For Acoustic Panels

musycsmk

Hi guys I just made 4 acoustic panels by myself. Using Ultratouch Denim Insulation R19 into a 2' x 4' x 3" Frame with Linen on Front and Muslin Cloth on the back. The product itself is 5" but I managed to fit into a 3" frame LOL. Couldn't find any posts regarding how good ultratouch insulation is. If the product does what they are suppose to do absorb sound or not :(. So i'm posting what you guys think of the panel. As of right now I have 2 panels behind each speakers and 1 on each side of the walls (First reflection point). Any suggestions would be very helpful. I am going to make 4 to 5 more panels if this is a good way. The attachments is the picture. Thanks for reading and give me some feedbacks Thanks

Spec Link:
UltraTouch Denim Insulation - LEED eligible

Attachments

• 1617255.jpg
    1617255.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 654
Hello..I'm getting ready to use this also.I'm using the R-13 tho'..Using it for clouds..Do you have a picture of your traps..? Thanks..

Just wanted to chime in here. The Ultratouch insulation works well, but only for panels around 5 inches deep max. You'll want different absorption material if you want thicker traps that go to a lower frequency.

I think Avare said that UltraTouch seems to start reflecting internally at the thicknesses greater than 3.5 inches due to a high GFR. Also, I'm not certain by any means, but I would think that compressing the 5.5 inch thickness into a 3 inch frame would make the trap and/or panels less effective overall. It seems that you should leave the insulation uncompressed for the best absorption. Maybe GIK or Avare can give some guidance and hopefully correct me if I'm wrong on that.

I think Avare said that UltraTouch seems to start reflecting internally at the thicknesses greater than 3.5 inches due to a high GFR. Also, I'm not certain by any means, but I would think that compressing the 5.5 inch thickness into a 3 inch frame would make the trap and/or panels less effective overall. It seems that you should leave the insulation uncompressed for the best absorption. Maybe GIK or Avare can give some guidance and hopefully correct me if I'm wrong on that.

No need for corrections here, you've got it quite spot on.

Back