Suggestions for desk position and treatment

Telkins

Hi! First post on here wondering if anyone has any suggestions on what I should do to this room. Planning on mixing and recording drums, guitar acoustic/electric, and vocals mostly. Bass possibly at some point though will probably be using DI/amp sims for that. Currently have. JBL 306p monitors. Planning on getting the RTA Producer Station Desk (Overall dimensions: 72"W x 41"H x 30"D). The current plan for treatment is to make some rockwool panels and bass traps. Any suggestions on the amount of panels/types (clouds, bass traps, etc.) and any other advice would be very appreciated. Ceiling is 11 ft high.

81939999_project_1_first_floor_first_design_20200719225821.png

Desk centered on 'bottom' wall. Traps in all corners, points of first reflection, ceiling cloud over mix position. Start there, see how it sounds.

Desk centered on 'bottom' wall. Traps in all corners, points of first reflection, ceiling cloud over mix position. Start there, see how it sounds.

Thanks for the suggestions! One thing I didn’t think or about or include in the floor plan is that there are two fans that would keep me from placing clouds above the desk if it was against the bottom wall. Do you think it would be better to place the desk on one of the left or right walls with clouds or place it on the bottom wall without the clouds? Thanks again.

Thanks for the suggestions! One thing I didn’t think or about or include in the floor plan is that there are two fans that would keep me from placing clouds above the desk if it was against the bottom wall.

Why can't you place the cloud above the fans...?
How low are the fan blades from the ceiling? You don't need to have the cloud hanging down real low...and if no other options, you can attach the cloud to the ceiling with no space in-between. You really just want to stop first reflections from the ceiling over the mix area. Just cut the panels around the fan bases and slip them in there above the fans.

Back