Studio treatment help (Attached)

djarpit

image.jpeg

Hi,

Can you guys help me choose a good vendor and reccoemnd some sound treatment for my room. Right now the first reflection of the right goes right by the door which is abig issue and also behind my back there is a window which is a bit off center and prevents me form putting backwall treatment.

Thank you in advance :)

AG

To get it started, fit a heavy curtain on the window and close it when critical mixing is taking place. Another option is get louvres, the big wooden type and half close them to diffuse the sound. Also put sone panels each side of the window on the wall. One thing most windows do is act like a bass trap as the bass goes right through the glass, unless they are very thick and double insulated.

You need a panel each side of your head, one on the side wall one on the closet door.

Alan.

To get it started, fit a heavy curtain on the window and close it when critical mixing is taking place. Another option is get louvres, the big wooden type and half close them to diffuse the sound. Also put sone panels each side of the window on the wall. One thing most windows do is act like a bass trap as the bass goes right through the glass, unless they are very thick and double insulated.

You need a panel each side of your head, one on the side wall one on the closet door.

Alan.

thank you crutain is a good idea. i was recconeded getting some panels for the back as well. would I need something over my head? room is 8ft high

would I need something over my head? room is 8ft high

I feel that this would depend on the floor, is it carpet? If its carpet any type of ceiling cloud might make the room too dead so I would try it out first. If the floor is a hard surface I would then put something over the seating position.

Cheers
Alan.

Hey AG,

You can always use stands for some of the panels that can't be mounted on the wall.

I would recommend hitting the first reflections on your left, right, and above (on the ceiling) and bass trapping the corners of the room. You could do regular 24" wide absorbers straddling the corner, you could also do something like our TriTrap or Soffit trap in the corner as well (those two are free standing so you don't have to put any holes in the wall).

If you like, you could fill out our form and we can get you personalized recommendations for your room here: Acoustical Room Advice - GIK Acoustics

Back