Studio room, wall building

Trigitronica

Hi all,

I have a question to build my new studio room.

Studio.jpg

How u can see the walls are not equal and the room has not squared form.

So I decided to build a wall inside the room to make it more squared form.

In yellow and red u can see the where the studio room will be placed.

But my upper wall is falling down in triangle form.

I will not have it hard to build that wall. But my question is....

On which side is better to put the studio speakers? on the higher walls or on the lower walls?

I marked them with blue dots

10x in advance !

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 21
Why are you building a wall to make two very small rooms?
Why not just use the whole room...no wall?

In that 2.5m x 2.5m room...it won't make much difference what wall you put the speakers on.
Square, small rooms are NOT good.

Don't add the wall...use the whole room, and then put your speakers on the lower wall....in the middle of the wall.

10x for the answers.
So I made the hearing spot here and the speakers triangle.

But how u can see the room is very specific and not everywhere symetric.
Don't look at the things inside. They will not stay in the studio. It is all about a clean room without anything.

What u suggest in the second situation? Will be a problem if the hearing spot is in the middle ? I can cover with more acoustics

Attachments

• Studio middle head .jpg
    Studio middle head .jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0369.jpg
    IMG_0369.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0368.jpg
    IMG_0368.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0365.jpg
    IMG_0365.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0364.jpg
    IMG_0364.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0358.jpg
    IMG_0358.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
Good luck...that's a tough room for music. Way too small and awful angles to deal with.
Just saying it how it is. So make the best of it if that's all you have.

It really won't matter much where you put the speakers, but certainly you will need a good deal of broadband & LF absorption.
Make it is as dead as you can...it will sound like a bigger space then.

I started with small room ( squared ) because my example for my speakers was made in such a room

IMG_0371.jpgIMG_0370.jpg

I am using Yamaha HS80 M and have Sub Yamaha HS 10 W. The point of that speakers the base whole is behind. I really love that speakers and don't want to exchange them ! It is important to stay them away from any walls. The base can be reduced if they are closer to walls but I had the oportunity to use them till now in rectangle 24 square meter room. But now it is over with that room. I have the room upper of my flat ( on the pictures )on for music.

I use only speakers, desktop, Midi keyboard and sound card, and some acoustics : panels, traps , but never had diffusors . I have had some hardware synths and effects in the past, but I sold them. I think the soft today is amazing compared with that before 5-6 years !

Last edited:
I started with small room ( squared ) because my example for my speakers was made in such a room

View attachment 105244View attachment 105243

I think maybe you're looking at those pictures the wrong way.
They are not telling you to use a "square room"...that's just an image frame around the speaker images in the book you are looking at, and a basic example of how sound waves can bounce of walls, etc...it's not showing that you need a "square room".

Small square rooms are bad.

Also....those speakers you have, plus the sub...are going to be way too much for a small square room.

Oks well, should I start to build my home studio in that room or not ? Will it be fine if I cover all angles with some traps and insert some panels ? In case I put the hearing spot in the middle ?

Like I said...use the room that feels the most comfortable to you...then add as much traps (panels) as you can...and that's going to be it.
There's really not a lot you can do differently...or that will make some dramatic difference...so pick the room that feels better to you for recording.

The problem is I don't have much choice for now may be for the next 2-3 years. OR I must make my bedroom to studio :) it is good for recording. :) has rectangle form near to square. But if I do this in my bedroom I will get killed :). I don't care about the comfortableness of the room. I am only collecting information to build the things right as much as possible...

Miroslav, how I understood u adviced me to use the whole room ?

Everything [MENTION=94267]miroslav[/MENTION] has said - the room is an unusual shape and small.

Making it smaller is only going to make it worse.

That's a lot, even too much, monitor capacity for the size of the room, so you will especially have to be careful with how much you use that subwoofer, or if it's even necessary.

Because of its shape, you will likely have to set up your nearfield monitors against the taller wall in the middle. The one advantage the length gives you is that early reflections from the side are a non-issue, but the narrow width means you'll be hearing the reflections from behind you quite a lot. I would try to apply a broadband trapping across that entire angled ceiling. Not foam of any kind, but something very dense so it doesn't have to be too thick, as the height of that space is very limited already. Then treat the tall and short walls, perhaps using some alternating panels if it's starting to feel too tight. Good panels will be re-usable in any future space. Look into building your own to keep the cost down - it adds up!

I'd stick something that acts as a diffuser on the ends - your equipment racks, bookcases, etc. might be enough. That long dimension is near subsonic wavelength, so unless you're putting that in (and not high-passing any unwanted that sneaks in), those might escape treatment (IMO).

The problem is I don't have much choice for now may be for the next 2-3 years. OR I must make my bedroom to studio :) it is good for recording. :) has rectangle form near to square. But if I do this in my bedroom I will get killed :). I don't care about the comfortableness of the room. I am only collecting information to build the things right as much as possible...

Miroslav, how I understood u adviced me to use the whole room ?

What I'm saying is use either the bedroom or this room, which ever works better for you (more comfortable)...it's your choice...and don't convert either to a small square space, just leave the whole room.
You are not going to build anything "right as much as possible) that will make any real difference in either room.
Both rooms will need a bunch of acoustic treatment...so pick the room that works better for you. It sounds like the bedroom is better for recording, but you :will get killed" (not sure what you mean by that)...so then use the other room...just forget that "square/wall" stuff.

Back