Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Studio Monitors, Which One To Buy? Edifire, MAudio or Behringer

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I'm going to upgrade the table once i get all the equipment, than ill custom build one table according to my needs... this is the only spare room in my house, i cant get a bigger room, unless i move into my bedroom, which i don't wanna do. im thinking about using acoustic foam on all the walls for soundproofing.

Thanks
    Wow! That is tight. I'm not even sure that you have room for monitors.

My two cents: Unless you can find a new room, spend your money on a good set of open back headphones for mixing. Then experiment with a few wall panels to see if it helps vocal tracking. Small rooms are pretty bad for mixing on monitors. Small square rooms are even worse. And small, square rooms, without any acoustic treatment is nearly a perfect trifecta for poor outcomes. Add a little external noise and some questionable talent and you're finished.

Thanks
    LOL, man come on. i cant have a room. final thoughts, you guys recommend me get a good quality headphones for mixing my music, but i cant have headphones on all the time, so i already have edifier 2.1 multimedia speakers which ill use while making music, but while mixing my music i will use headphones. that will give me professional audio? Right? i will get a Behringer Uphoria UM-2 audio interface hook it up to headphones and it will work well with condenser mics as it has phantom power, it will provide professional quality audio, am i right? so i should just buy audio interface and headphones.

Thanks
    'Professional audio' is a lot more than an interface and headphones.
    Mike B My new album on CD Baby: Fact and Fiction
    My Bandcamp site: http://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to mjbphotos For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ZealFied View Post
    LOL, man come on. i cant have a room. final thoughts, you guys recommend me get a good quality headphones for mixing my music, but i cant have headphones on all the time, so i already have edifier 2.1 multimedia speakers which ill use while making music, but while mixing my music i will use headphones. that will give me professional audio? Right? i will get a Behringer Uphoria UM-2 audio interface hook it up to headphones and it will work well with condenser mics as it has phantom power, it will provide professional quality audio, am i right? so i should just buy audio interface and headphones.
    A good pair of open back headphones will give you a fighting chance of making music which sounds good and makes you happy. The term "professional quality" is not well defined and not easy to target. It takes a whole series of steps to get there. The journey starts, however, with a good sized room which is well treated.

Thanks
    Wow! That room is TINY! You'd be better off mixing with a laptop and monitoring via bluetooth in your car. ( hey at least you'd have a real world listening experience )

But you got what you got. A lousy room. Seriously, as others had mentioned a good set of headphones is your ticket.

Ps. You may think I'm joking, but I've known of a few who got great results with car stereo mixing.
    It's probably the audio system many know best.

Thanks
    YEP HEADPHONES... GOOD ONES! money well spent...if you MUST in your opinion get monitors...look at Mackie MR5's they have balanced in and RCA in as well as TRS in...they also have low and high boost or cut...so if you need some extra low end to help mixing boost the low frequency +2 or +4 ...might want to boost higs +2 as they do tend ( depending on room ) to be a little hot on the high end when transfering to say a car stereo ...i always check mixes on a car stereo as well as a stereo system ... if you had a 10x10 room you could go MR8's or Yamaha HS8...however Yamaha being higher priced. the MR5's are 119.99 at Sweetwater.com Behringers are ok but are basically Mackie copies... they also carry JBL 305P MkII 5" @ 109.00 US dollars each...however that is a tiny tiny space so i would opt for a good head phone that "doesn't color" the mix

Thread Information