Studio desk

The swivel shelves have an arm that bolts to the upright column of the desk. They swivel a little less than 180º due to the hardware getting in the way. You can mount them either on the inside or the outside of the post.

As for stacking your monitors. Well, I'm no expert, but common sense would suggest that it's not a good idea. I'd have to think it could affect their sound and, even with a Mopad, I'd be concerned that the vibrations would possibly move the top speaker over time.

I agree that it would be nice if the Jerker was wider. I could use the additional space. OTOH, it's pretty deep and I've got a LOT of items on it!

Ikea has a pretty nice under shelf keyboard tray as well. I didn't get one, but I wish I had. At $60.00 it seemed pricey, but I like that it can be moved back so it doesn't get in the way.

Ted

:cool: Thane....musician's friend.........producers desk $499......if you are like some of us who like the idea of "build it" but can't see the time factor ... run to your nearest Guitar Center and do it big willy style....CASH is COOL.

Do your thing playa!

chizzle said:
:cool: Thane....musician's friend.........producers desk $499......if you are like some of us who like the idea of "build it" but can't see the time factor ... run to your nearest Guitar Center and do it big willy style....CASH is COOL.

Do your thing playa!

Cash is cool, and I agree.

Though, do know that my 12'6" wide table took 20 man hours from driving back with the steel to final panting, and the producer's racks I built took less than 10 manhours.

In fact, took me longer to LOAD the racks than to make them.

Racks are very easy to make. I can appreciate someone not wanting to build a console table, it is more complex than a rack, or set of racks.

Back