Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Studio Build Documentation

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    I think bathroom plumbing is important! won't apply here, but running through the space between my inner and outer studio walls is a single 15mm copper pipe that feeds the toilet in the room two away from the studio. I have an air lock in the damn pipe where it does and up and over one of the joists, and if anyone flushes the loo, in the studio I hear a bang bang bang noise that continues until the cistern is full. I've tried everything to move the air bubble on and failed. "I'll just go to the loo...." from the singer means an all stop if we have live mics on the go. One of those tiny things that get to annoy you - same as the loud bang from the radiator. I spent ages insulating the heating pipes where they come into the studio and I got that one right, but the stupid thing goes bang loudly when the metal cover expands!

Thanks
    Miro - you must be somewhat near my location, snow predicted here for Thursday night into Friday morning.
    Mike B My new album on CD Baby: Fact and Fiction
    My Bandcamp site: http://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mjbphotos View Post
    Miro - you must be somewhat near my location, snow predicted here for Thursday night into Friday morning.
    Not sure where you are at, but I'm in southern NY, the lower Hudson Valley (that small tip that goes down toward NJ and NYC)...and all we have is some rain coming tomorrow afternoon. I think that rain will then move east and it will get colder...so any snow will be out in NH or eastern CT and MA.

Thanks
    DAY 10

Today was a no-work day. Well...I was outside working all day doing leaf clean-up.

OK...one of the contractor's guys was here hauling away some of the demolition debris from the existing space that's coming down...but nothing new was done with the build out.
    I know that they have to drop some foam/poly and wire mesh before the slab pour, which I thought would happen today, but nope.
    Hopefully tomorrow, and maybe the pour comes right after...or by Friday...?
    We'll see...it is what it is, but I know they are all wanting to push on, because every day we get closer to the real winter weather.

Thanks
    It seems like here in the Midwest, it went from summer to winter in short order. A month ago, it was 97F outside. Until last week, I still had petunias and begonias in full bloom. Now we're looking for temps in the teens come this weekend.

Hopefully you'll get the slab poured, and then they can get the walls up.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TalismanRich View Post
    It seems like here in the Midwest, it went from summer to winter in short order. A month ago, it was 97F outside. Until last week, I still had petunias and begonias in full bloom. Now we're looking for temps in the teens come this weekend.

Hopefully you'll get the slab poured, and then they can get the walls up.
    Yeah, that cold blast is coming this way too...it looks like this weekend the east 2/3 of the country are going to feel it for a couple of days.
    I'm sure if the pour in the very cold temps, they will adjust the cement mix as needed...or they won't pour if it's a concern.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by miroslav View Post
    .so any snow will be out in NH or eastern CT and MA.
    Yeah, that's me, right on the NH line north of Boston. But now just a slight chance of snow tonight.
    Mike B My new album on CD Baby: Fact and Fiction
    My Bandcamp site: http://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    DAY 11

As expected, it's a rainy day today...started of as light drizzle in the late AM...but now more like a steady light rain.
    They came this morning and put down the poly vapor barrier and the wire mesh for the slab pour...but I don't think they are pouring it today seeing how it's getting late in the day, and there the rain.
    Maybe tomorrow...though I wouldn't be surprised if the held of until Monday, since tomorrow there is a substantial temperature drop, but then it will moderate back up by Sunday and Monday.

I'll see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks
    On permits, here in East Tennessee I'm in the county (but just 1/4 mile from two city limits, best of both worlds!). No building permits, just an electrical permit. One allowed to the owner if your doing your own. I did the grunt work but had my cousin, an electrician finish and make sure we were up to code. Built the entire house except for the concrete. You can do a much better job when it's for yourself. A few years later added a two story bedroom extension that wasn't appraised for three years so taxes didn't go up. Then I added a 24x36 garage/studio. And finally a couple of bedrooms, a monster sized bath and elevator for my wheelchair bound son. No near neighbors so guns,music and peeing off the porch disturbs no one. Now I've retired and the wife wants to move to town and downsize. I'm stalling. LOL. (Dang, this makes me sound like a hillbilly!)
    RonHar

Thanks
    if you have to sell, can I buy it? peeing off the porch sold me

I'm a man, dammit, the world's my toilet

Thread Information