Square Room w/ Window & Doors: Need Advice

DForm

Like many of you I'm working on building my new studio but there are a lot of limitiations. The room is basically a multipurpose room that has to retain some of the same abilities after I fix it up a little. I'm looking for any advice as possible.

Here's the room (I don't think it can get worse than this).

It is a 12'x12' square room. The Western wall is a regular wall. There is a door on the Northern wall (NW Corner). There is a door (exterior size) that is hollow on the Eastern Wall (NE Corner) and there is a window next to that door. On the Southern wall there is a closet (with a door) almost in the middle of the wall.

My needs:

I make only electronic based music (no micing of instruments) and I record vocals in this room. I want to be able to get the best sounding vocals out of it as possible. I would also like to be able to mix down and eq the tracks in this room.

I'm using a DAW system with a firewire soundcard. I'll have two studio monitors (any recs) and I have a turntable with some records.

This room needs to be a studio, office so it also needs storage for computer stuff and files, etc.

I'm looking to completely redesign the room so I'm not talking about any of my current furniture.

I'm just looking to find out about placement of the computer, monitors, and microphone. Also what type of materials should I build my desk out of. Please ask any questions you need to help me.

Thanks

Back