Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Soundproof vocal booth

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    You may have to support it until the adhesive sets.
    I've done it with 2' x 4' panels that are about 4 lbs, and I only used a small amount of adhesive...like a bead around the edges and then a big "X" across the middle.

You can also use stronger and faster setting adhesive instead of silicone caulk adhesive.

What's the 3' x 3' panel made of?

Thanks

building a small booth

"It's very expensive, but I've been through the trouble of building, taking apart and moving a 6' X 4' X 7' drywall and wood frame booth, and I'm not going back there."

I also built my studio space(6x11)
    I started out by buying 4 doors from Home Depot(or equivalent), connecting them by hinges so I could tear it down easily, then taped the cracks, used moving blankets on the inside and used ceiling tiles nailed to the doors also. You can put it in almost a closed "C" formation. On top, You could buy some DENIM sound batts online(yes all cotton fabric, which is the best sound proofing) for over the top.
    Keeping it small and portable means you don't have to have it set up all the time. Much cheaper than the sound booth, though it looks a little scrappier. The cotton sound batts are worth it, find them online. That's my 2 cents. Good luck. I say don't go broke on it.

Thanks
    I made my studio space(6x11) in my front room using inexpensive doors from my local store(Home Depot) fastened together with hinges for easy setu/teardown, taped the cracks, used the large ceiling tiles or carpet nailed to the doors, and also moving blankets ($15 and they work). I bought good cotton fabric sound batts for the ceiling(online, and cotton/fabric sound batts are the most soundproof. Configure like a "C", buy more doors for more space. Yes it takes time, but not as much, and it's cheaper, and once you have it, no more handiwork. Doesn't have to stay set up either. There's my 2 cents, good luck

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Thier View Post
    So you think silicone could hold a 3'X3' 6lbs pannel?
    What 3'x3' panel? Rockwool typically comes in 2'x4' pieces. A 2"x2'x4' piece of OC703 weights 4 lbs.
    Mike B My new album on CD Baby: Fact and Fiction
    My Bandcamp site: http://mikebirchmusic.bandcamp.com

Thanks
    The one I have for the ceiling is a panel from GIK acoustics.

Thanks
    Unless you have a room larger than 13'x10'x8' with open walls and ceiling for acoustic treatment, I say scrap the isolation idea completely. If in fact you have an issue with others not hearing you while you sing, then you really need to just realize that you have your own balls...

The neighbors are not going to hear your vocals if they are not bothered by your speakers.

That being said, I have much experience with timid singers. You have to get over that if you want to sing the way you hear it in your head. Do not hide! Just sing...

Use the treated big room and just do it. Trust me, it will be way better then the shitty isolation room. That will be a waste of time and money...
    PC Win7-64-24G i7-4790k/Cubase 9 Pro 64-bit/2-Steinberg UR824's/ADAM A7x/Event TR8/SS Trigger Plat Deluxe/Melodyne 4 Studio/Other things that don't mean anything if a client shows up not knowing what it wants.

Thanks
    I know that, but I want to record at my place.

Also, there is no adjacent wall to the neighbors, it's more the ceiling/floor and the sound coming out the door that I think might bother them. And honestly I just don't feel comfortable belting it out right now. I'm used to singing in a booth where nobody can hear. I might try to soundproof the door with something like this:
    The AcoustiDoor™ | Residential Acoustics(R)
    Look out. You would be paying a premium price for a product of likely very little benefit.
    But that still misses the point.
    Is dampening over a door -a solid object that does not transmit much sound and also represents but a fraction of the space going to change things much?
    No.

Why not pick off an area around you and the mic instead of the whole room.
    'Packing blankets doubled up with a gap between them.. would be cheaper and more effective.
    [square feet and weight are the game here.]

Some overhead should be considered as well for the hard reflections from above.
    Placebo stomps 96k ....... Recent projects
    Ray Catfish Copeland 'Got Love Jim Goodman 'Southern Steel

Thanks
    I know that, but I want to record at my place.

honestly I just don't feel comfortable belting it out right now. I'm used to singing in a booth where nobody can hear. I might try to soundproof the door with something like this:
    The AcoustiDoor™ | Residential Acoustics(R)
    What do you do at a gig?

Alan.

Thanks
    no ,but locktite makes super adhesives that would

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmys69 View Post
    That being said, I have much experience with timid singers. You have to get over that if you want to sing the way you hear it in your head. Do not hide! Just sing...
    I know it's not the main topic, but just wanted to chime in and say that's completely true.
    "No healthy person waits in line with a slew of geriatrics on a Sunday morning for pancakes" - RFR https://soundcloud.com/andrushkiwt

11. The Following User Says Thank You to andrushkiwt For This Useful Post:

Thread Information