Small Multi Use Room Advice.

ShanPeyton

Good Day All!

I am thinking of doing a bit of room treatment in my little setup. It is just an apartment bedroom. I have read a lot online and watched a few videos and I think I kind of get the jist of what's available and what most people are using.

What I'd like to know from other homerecorders (as opposed to the guys and gals with 'real studios' ) is what is the best way to treat a room that serves as a control room, for lack of better terms, and also serves as the vocal booth and micd instruments stage?

Ideally I know this isn't the best set up by a long shot but it is all I have really. I don't want to destroy the rooms sound but I also want to improve on what's there and also kill some sound transfer if at all possible where it is in an apartment.

I have a few diy ideas of my own but before I spend I want to hear what others have done with decent results.

Thanks.

bass traps - just search here, plenty of threads on making your own and using them. Nothing you can do with an apartment bedroom is really going to shield the sound from getting out (or outside noise from getting in).

Back