Simple & Compact lighting suggestions for Small~Music room? Advice appreciated

timbalesman

:thumbs up:Hi everyone,
Continuing my search for advice & feedback on my new Percussion-Practice room.Today`s questions relate to lighting?

My room is only 3mtrs x 2 Mtrs x 2 mtrs High! 2 x very small windows not much natural light,but this is not a major consideration as I prefer more subdued lighting, and I will be practicing day & night!
At present the room only has a small diffused flourescent light about 2 feet long x 2(in same diffuser box)not sure I have got that last bit right:confused:

Lighting seems to have moved on in leaps & bounds in recent years especially LED from what little I know. I would like something that offers controlabilty (IE Dimmer)? that looks Good retro theatre or industrial? I suppose Track-lighting of one type or another is the current trend? so spots on a track could be the way forward,but I do not require anything to expensive or complex,

Sure I need lighting that can be focused in on my playing position..and I understand there are now different warmth`s in bulb types and Focus .this could be very good but again I know very little so any advice links or suggestions much appreciated

I live in Europe so this as to be taken in to account also

many thanks In advance
Regards Steve
:guitar:

Hi MJB PHOTOS;
Good to hear from you, and many thanks for the link that is something like what I had in mind

all the best Steve:thumbs up:

Hey, didn't realize you are in Norway. Do you have Ikea there? They've got lots of neat design in cheap lighting.

Hi again
mjbphotos

Good of you to get back to me,yep I have lived in Norway (12 years) married a viking!I`m English.
I am all for saving money but as my room is so small and I am looking for just a few spots or similar on a track I can afford to look at something a bit nicer,if you follow me...I like the idea of the Theatre/stage lights or similar..we have an Ikea here in Kristiansand,my wife loves it..me less so,but I do admit they have some* nice things.

Regards Steve:thumbs up:

Steve, you can get LED bulbs for the track lighting. Stay away form Halogen.. too hot and often comes with a noisy transformer. I recommend multiple switches rather than dimmers. my 2 cents.
Cheers,
John

Back