sheetblock door jamb question?

casenpoint

Does any of you have an alternative material to auralex sheet blocking? I have thought and pondered......and some of the carpet runners at the home depot are the right size and I might be able to use them.

This is what I am going to use it for.....I am going to place between the door jambs and the rough opening.

Does some one out there willing to sell a little bit..... lets say......5 1/2" by 17'.

I did a good deed this week and feel pretty damn good about myself. My Recording Teacher ask the class if there was someone in the class that was good with wood working and building things. Well I've been showing of my studio pictures around the class. So I guess I voluteered myself.

She asks me if I can build a handicapped ramp up some steps to master control. It only took me an hour or so to build it. It is light. And sturdy as a rock! I guess all that Computer aided design stuff is paying off. As for me I get an easy "A". I told her I don't want it and she can pay me for the materials and my time. Don't want to get off that easy!

BTW I will also be using the sheetblock as furring strips to make a tighter gap between the door itself and the jamb!

Long Gone,

Casenpoint

Back