Setting up studio in office room

thomaswomas

my band have been rehearsing in an old office building for a few months and have decided to set up a control room in on of the smaller office rooms next door to our rehearsal space. we'll be recording and mixing a lot of demos in there so we obviously want the acoustics to be right. i've put together a plan for acoustic treatment and have uploaded some pics but before we start constructing the room can anyone tell me if we're headed in the right direction,

many thanks

simon

Attachments

• top.jpg
    top.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 55
  • 3D x-ray view.jpg
    3D x-ray view.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 45
People may tell you se set the mixing desk facing the shorter wall so that the sound can travel down the room. The way you are set up could cause some problems. Also with the slanted wall, I'm not sure if you would want to make it parallel to the other or not. Hopefully you get some more helpful replies!

Shout It Out said:
People may tell you se set the mixing desk facing the shorter wall so that the sound can travel down the room. The way you are set up could cause some problems. Also with the slanted wall, I'm not sure if you would want to make it parallel to the other or not. Hopefully you get some more helpful replies!

+1

Yes start with that for sure.

I would definetly fire your speakers length ways down the room, however i have noticed you have a door down there. Does it open in-wards or out-wards? Could be a bit tricky.

Back