Room Dimensions

Robbb

Ive been asking questions about acoustic treatment for my room, where I plan on recording myself playing acoustic guitar, singing and rapping on a neumann tlm 102. It was suggested that I should post my room dimensions, so here they are. Short wall-6.1ft Long wall-8.2ft Theres also a little nook that extends out to 10.5ft. And the ceiling is 7.5 ft high. Ive attached a few photos of the room. The black curtain on the wall is covering a window. I have a few foam panels up, but know those don't do much. I also have an area rug over most of the tile floor. Looking to buy some bass traps, dont want to build them. Any recommendations or advice on ways to get my room to sound better? There's not much echo, but when I clap my hands loudly, I hear a metallic high pitched ringing sound.

Attachments

• 20201115_135406.jpg
    20201115_135406.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
  • 20201115_135310.jpg
    20201115_135310.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 7
Your sound is going to be dependent on the weakest part of your soundchain - unfortunately, your room is always going to be that. Fill with as many traps (not foam) as you can fit in there.

Your sound is going to be dependent on the weakest part of your soundchain - unfortunately, your room is always going to be that. Fill with as many traps (not foam) as you can fit in there.

I did a small room at a friend's house one time like this. We had bass traps covering the entirety of any spot where wall meets ceiling. That's not because that's a great placement (it ought to be a decent place) but really because space is at such a premium that this is the most effective place to use that isn't taking up standing space or amp space.

Back