Recording Studios and Other Acoustic Spaces (book)

jhbrandt

Acoustic Design
Hey everyone! It's been a long time since I last posted here. Sorry! I have been extremely busy and....

As many of you know, I am working on a book titled "Recording Studios and Other Acoustic Spaces - a builders guide" with a follow up second volume "Quiet Spaces for a Noisy World".

Volume One will cover Soundproofing, HVAC, Electrical, and Acoustics in recording studios, VO rooms, Foley, Dubbing Stages, and small performance venues.

Volume Two will cover Soundproofing, HVAC, Electrical, and Acoustics in restaurants, Cafés, offices, gyms, hotels, and other similarly annoying spaces.

The book(s) will be A3 size, hardcover, and will include several hundred detailed drawings.
The text will be written in story form and will explain the how-to in easily understood terms.

There are already hundreds of technical books on this subject so I decided that a practical approach using 'normal' language would be more beneficial to my readers. And I am challenged by Albert Einstein when he says, "if you can't explain it to a 6-year-old, you don't understand it yourself."

So, now I finally get to the POINT of this post:

I need your help.

I am looking for people to interview who have hard questions about Soundproofing, HVAC, Electrical, and Acoustics. I need and want to be challenged. Hard questions only please. If you have a story about your experience with or without a solution, please contact me.

I would like to schedule a Zoom Cloud Meeting with you and I will record it for transcription later.

Who is interested? Please PM me here or send an email to john@jhbrandt.net

I look forward to hearing from you and answering your questions.
Cheers,
John

Back