Recording studio workstations

guitardave1a

Hi - does anyone know of any recording studio workstation plans on the
internet? I've been looking for plans for a while now; I want to build something that will fit/look good in my studio.
Pics can be seen at www.myspace.com/wiwrecords - I currently have a typical
office furniture setup but i want something that is more practical. Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance for your time and patience,
dave

There are a couple members around here who custom build these things (pk1 is the only name I can remember), and there are actually some forums that discuss this in detail. This guy designs some pretty decent furniture as well, and you just pay him for the plans and then buy the material and build yourself. And here's a forum that talks about furniture design for studios. Good luck!

I built my own desk using metal legs from a office table and MDF. I added an inset trackball so I wouldn't have to use a mouse. Setup allows me to see all 3 monitors and houses my Mackie Control Univeral and 1 expander as well as a Big Knob.
You can see my desk at www.vinecrestaudio.com

I used curly maple for the sides and for accent along the front edge and finished it with Hammer right (sp?) paint which looks like metal.

Last edited:
Back