Question about fiberglass...

Guys... let me know if understand this right...
Can i put fiberglass on plastic bags (those you can´t breath throught), to place them behind burlap -or similiar open fabric-, and still have the same bass absorption? I´m sensitive to fiberglass particles, so this method is specialy attractive to me...
Thanks!

JuliánFernández said:
Guys... let me know if understand this right...
Can i put fiberglass on plastic bags (those you can´t breath throught), to place them behind burlap -or similiar open fabric-, and still have the same bass absorption? I´m sensitive to fiberglass particles, so this method is specialy attractive to me...
Thanks!

Yes, although once the fiberglass insulation is in place and covered with fabric, it won't shed fibers.

IMHO the plastic will definitly harm the absorbtion. I would recommend a fabric covering that will do a good job of snagging particles, like a felt.

Are you referring to the puffy (pink or yellow) stuff or to rigid fiberglass? Rigid dosen't "shed" as much as the fluffy stuff, especialy once it is in place. I covered my traps with upholstry materal and haven't had a problem.

Dani Pace, i have some spear fluffly wool and i have to buy some rigid wool, so i was interested for both...
Anyway, thanks guys... hopefully i´ll be posting pics soon! :D

I just had an afterthought! If you look at a fabric shop you should be able to find a liner materal, kinda whispy looking stuff that should stop any fiberglass particles from escaping. Or try an upholstry shop, they often use 1/4 inch foam as a liner between padding and the top materal, thin foam will definately stop any fiberglass from escaping, without having an affect on the acoustical properties of your panels. (This may be the only practical use for foam in the studio.)

Back