Please remove your rubbers????

R

RAMI

So, basically, I have a chance to get, for free, a bunch of hard, dense, black rubber mats. The kind that go on a weight-room floor.

I already have bass traps in the corners, a cloud over the drums, a cloud over my listening ares, etc.... But there is still a bit of bare drywall. Do these rubber mats have any use at all, on the walls and/or ceiling...not on my sealed cement floor.
I Googled all kinds of stuff like "acoustic qualities of rubber", etc...but either got nothing, or very technical stuff that I didn't understand.

So: Rubber. Yes or No????:D (if the answer is "Yes", I'm going out and buying 563 Hockey pucks and a bunch of glue!) :laughings:

So, basically, I have a chance to get, for free, a bunch of hard, dense, black rubber mats. The kind that go on a weight-room floor.

I already have bass traps in the corners, a cloud over the drums, a cloud over my listening ares, etc.... But there is still a bit of bare drywall. Do these rubber mats have any use at all, on the walls and/or ceiling...not on my sealed cement floor.
I Googled all kinds of stuff like "acoustic qualities of rubber", etc...but either got nothing, or very technical stuff that I didn't understand.

So: Rubber. Yes or No????:D (if the answer is "Yes", I'm going out and buying 563 Hockey pucks and a bunch of glue!) :laughings:

Is it the spongy rubber or hard rubber?

:cool:

Hee!!!:laughings::D
I wonder what would be cheaper. 563 Hockey pucks, or 5073 condoms?

Well...let's see........

563 hockey pucks @ $1.99/puck = $1120.37.

5073 condoms @ $10.99/10 pack = $5575.23

So...by my precise calculations it will definitely be cheaper to go with the pucks. Although the condoms could turn out to be a lot more fun. :D

Oh and to answer your original question..................................

I have no idea. :D:D:D

Rami,

Put the pads in your workout room... or in the kitchen if you have a tile floor. - Takes the strain off your bones from standing on concrete. :D

Otherwise useless in a studio -- unless you are placing them under something to reduce impact transmission. Please note... impact only. - And I have absolutely no idea how much TL it would be as, of course, there is no data on those pads for impact TL. - Probably not much.

My first suggestion stands as I cannot recommend something that is untested/unproven in the field.

Things like this are usually a waste of time, my friend, and I would never recommend it to anyone.

--- Maybe you could cover them with fabric and make a wrestling area in the break room!! haha.

Cheers,
John

Rami,

Put the pads in your workout room... or in the kitchen if you have a tile floor. - Takes the strain off your bones from standing on concrete. :D

Otherwise useless in a studio -- unless you are placing them under something to reduce impact transmission. Please note... impact only. - And I have absolutely no idea how much TL it would be as, of course, there is no data on those pads for impact TL. - Probably not much.

My first suggestion stands as I cannot recommend something that is untested/unproven in the field.

Things like this are usually a waste of time, my friend, and I would never recommend it to anyone.

--- Maybe you could cover them with fabric and make a wrestling area in the break room!! haha.

Cheers,
John

Perfect. I knew I could count on you sooner or later, John.:cool::cool:

Thanx for saving me the time....though, I will install them in my gym if you want to wrestle. :D

Back