The plan has grown and so has my site

John Sayers

Solar Power!!
The plan for the studio has now changed - and so it should - we decided to use the rest of the building and spread out a bit and the new plan is much better.

Version3.gif

cheers
John

[Edited by John Sayers on 08-18-2000 at 01:04]

Very nice...

It is much better spread out more like this ...
I especially like how large the piano/main studio has become ... as well as the riser addition in the control room.
I notice that you've got a computer monitor sitting right on the console desk in this plan. Is there any concern over partially blocking the view out of the window to the sink area? I've been trying to figure out a suitable place for my 19" monitor while reorganizing my studio and thought about putting it right behind the console on my desk, but I'll lose bit of window space if I do. This control room is much much larger than mine, though, and I suppose having the desk backed away from the window a bit alleviates that problem. I don't know what to do with mine, though ... I don't like it on either side of the desk.
Man, you make great designs, John. I've learned a lot just looking at the pictures you share with us! So much that I can't wait to move out of this house and start building a new studio! Did I say that out loud?! Don't tell the wife! :)
Thanks again.

Thanks BigKahuna - I imagine a big fat polynesian with a nickname like yours but I'm sure you are probably a 5'2" 60 pounder - but thanks for the appause - I will keep you all up to date on this construction - I hope to have pictures during construction and hopefully I can post an MP3 of the first recording we make.
I've been flat out drawing up the monitor speaker housing - which reminds me I must put up a post on this one in equipment forum.

Cheers :D

VERY nice.
I checked out your website last night. It's very well done, excellent explanations, very informative. It made me want to hit the lumber yard and break out a hammer.

Back