One damn productive weekend!

OzNimbus

Well folks, I've had the new place open for about 3 weeks now, and I'm already 3/4 thru my second project. I had a band come in at 11 am Friday, and we recorded till 11 pm Sunday. For six songs (hard rock) we managed to do drums, bass, 2 guitars (rhythm, lead & clean) and even some vocals.

What can i say? Working in the new studio is awesome! I've never had an easier time miking things up. The real beauty is the translation of mixes! I've run off a couple of rough mixes to try out in various car stereos, and much to my surprise, what was coming across the speakers in the vehicles was what I was hearing in the control room. Imagine that. No more guesswork.

For the last 4 years in my old studio, I always had a problem with not bieng able to hear the bass properly. Then, take a mix elsewhere, and *boom* ..... instant muddy mix. This is simply NOT an issue with the new place.

I'm thrilled with the results, and better yet, the clients are thrilled as well.

I promise to put an update on my site with a full complement of pictures of the finished rooms.... just as soon as I get some time to breathe. I had an open house 3 weeks ago, and in one day I wound up booking clients for the next NINE months. I've really got my nose to the grindstone at the moment, but I'll post a link as soon as I get my website updated.

Until then,
Thank you all for the invaluable information and advice.
--Glenn Fricker
"OzNimbus"
Spectre Sound
www.spectresound.org

Glad to hear it!

For me too - ever since the "grand re-opening" there's been a huge amount of interest... huge increase in both calls and bookings!

Congrats, Glenn - I wish you lots of success!

I hope I can say the same in the coming months. You guys are giving me hope that there is rewards in having a productive studio to offer. Congrats to you!

Dan

Absolutely fantastic! Sounds like you've really got things lined up well. I hope the best for you. And "they" said the industry is in a slump.

Hey Oznimbus, I was thinking for your website where you have the links on the left, you should make the "gauge" move when you move your mouse over the link. Make it move from the left hand side to the right.

Oh that would look ill.

Back