Office cubicle walls

Toastedgoat

Anybody ever used, or tried office cubicle walls for GOBOs? I have an opportunity to purchase some nice thick ones for cheap. They’re in great shape,

I hang a few in my drum room from the ceiling at vertical angles. More to break up the reflections in the room.

Never actually used one of them as a gobo. Maybe share a pic or better the make and model #'s.

If they dirt cheap then maybe just give em a try?

I dragged a few of those cubicle walls from one of my day gig offices a long time ago (they're still sitting in my shed :p)...but I quickly found out that alone, they are only going to slightly attenuate some of the typical speech frequencies, and nothing more, which is what they were intended for.

That said, there's no reason why you couldn't use them as your starting platform for making some gobos. I think for gobo use you would want at least double the thickness, and then add a hard surface to one side. That will help for isolation purposes...plus, you have the option of turning the hard side in or out, depending on your needs. :)

I've been wanting to build some formal gobos for a long time now...but TBH, my space is so jammed up as it is, especially when I added the 6 portable mega bass traps last year....that I just have little room for gobos, and generally speaking, I find other ways to isolate things if needed, and I can even use the mega bass traps, since they are close to 7" thick.

Back