No need to worry about it???

BxD

I have perhaps a really dumb question. If I needed to record a vocal track (could be voice over, singing, podcast-like, whatever...) and I had access to do so in a domed arena that was empty, is that an ideal situation for sound? Size = 60 feet to ceiling that has some sort of acoustic insulation, and concrete floor that is 75-100 feet from anything that can reflect sound (225 feet in diameter) except the floor, of course.

I have access to good audio interface and microphones, and Cubase Pro (to eliminate those things from the equation).

Just a basic (dumb?) question...

Let's ask the question, is the room the sound you want? I would even add, is there a place where it sounds the best? Are you going to record more than one? If so, what about bleed? Get everything in one take, because if anyone screws up and you have everyone in eachother's mic, then it is, redo that part, which can be done, but everyone has to do it again.

If it has the sound you want to capture, then it is a good room. But you will still have the same problem as with anywhere. How are you going to record it and get the sound you want into the microphone.

As is often said here, and I finally understand, the source is the source. You can manipulate it, you can tweak it, but good source means good mix with less effort.

Back