New Studio Pics

marknrox

This has been my 'quit smoking' project for the last 10 months. It's been a very rewarding project. I'm glad it's finished, but have to admit getting there is just as fun.

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic2.jpg

Last edited:
Wow looks niiiice!!

I'm trying to quit myself :(

Just dont be like me, when you finnish everything fire one up :mad:

Studio looks great!!

In that first pic looks like you are recording your air conditioner... :eek: Is that some special effect to add to drums...he he he

I like your lighting. what kind lights are you using? looks good for photos. Oh and I like the studio.

Miking the A/C gives it that old analog tape hiss. :p

The lights are from lowes. Lazer brand. Small GU10 bulbs. I forget the model.

marknrox said:
This has been my 'quit smoking' project for the last 10 months. It's been a very rewarding project. I'm glad it's finished, but have to admit getting there is just as fun.

looks great! hope you were able to quit...i just finished off my studio/practice area too...feels good when it is done! hey where is prairieview?

shortness said:
looks great! hope you were able to quit...i just finished off my studio/practice area too...feels good when it is done! hey where is prairieview?

sorry... prairieVILLE!??

20 mins SE of Baton Rouge. Thanks, yeah I still have cravings but doing well!
I knew quitting would help me reach my goal for saving money, and working on my room was a good way to channel my nervous energy.

marknrox said:
20 mins SE of Baton Rouge. Thanks, yeah I still have cravings but doing well!
I knew quitting would help me reach my goal for saving money, and working on my room was a good way to channel my nervous energy.

good luck! stay busy recording ;)

i live in v'burg,ms (not too far off)

Looks nice. It appears you did quite a bit to cut down on reflections but I don't see any bass trapping. How are your mixes translating outside the room on other systems? Hopefully everything works well and it is just my paranoia about bass buildup affecting everything.

Cheers,
Darryl.....

Everything is fine in the mix position. There are a few hot spots several feet behind me but I don't think it's worth the time and money. Plus like I said the one mixing doesn't hear it.

Looks awesome!!

Since half the fun was building it, I'd hate to let all the fun end. I'll see ya at my place next weekend! :D

Thanks Monkey! that's really all the desk will allow, ideally I would have seperated them a bit more but the imaging is fine.

Nutdotnet said:
Holy crap.
That was my first reaction, too.

DDev said:
Looks nice. It appears you did quite a bit to cut down on reflections but I don't see any bass trapping.
I'm with DDev. The room looks fantastic! But I would expect it to get very boomy in there.

If you build some bass traps, mark, you'll not only improve your room, you'll keep that monkey off your back, too. Think about it, man. It's win-win!

Back