New Studio Photos of my (DIY) Desk and (DIY) 12-Space Rack

Nice setup. I really like it, thats a setup i'd really enjoy.. PS nice G&L too!
A Guitar Afficiando, I see! :guitar:
It's just an ASAT Classic "Tribute". The hardware and pick-ups are US Built but the guitar itself was made overseas.
FYI-I built the desk for $50 (not including the keyboard tray) and I built the rack cabinet for about $45. The 12-Space Rack Rail added another $30 and the 4-rolling casters added about another $10.

PanelsRightWall1 (640x480).jpg

Last edited:
I just noticed that. I saw your site you have a link to. Pretty interesting stuff, I'm very interested in building some of things upon reading your website. Nice to see people showing how easy it is to make your own stuff opposed to spending hundreds on big brand names.. Thanks for spreading the knowledge.:guitar:

Nuthin' wrong with Behringer.

How does the stuff in the rack stay cool? I was thinking of building something similar for my amp and other bits and pieces, but they should be ventilated at the top.

Nuthin' wrong with Behringer. How does the stuff in the rack stay cool? I was thinking of building something similar for my amp and other bits and pieces, but they should be ventilated at the top.
It is true that there should be ventilation.
I just bought a pair of 4-space rack that will allow me to drop the computer directly below where it is now and provide some space above the tube pre, podxt-pro, and power conditioner plus some space for 1 or 2 more pieces of equipment.

Back