New Studio Addition - Otari MX5050 MKIII

Pretty sweet Don!

I wonder how much a reel of tape is?
More than you paid for the machine! I bet.
Anyway, nice analog 4 track!

No haven't got it yet. I just won it this morning. I emailed the seller asking that he insure it for $300 at my expense of course. He'll probably be pissed enough that he won't. Hope it gets here in one piece!!! I'll be sending the money order Monday.

DD

SOB just cancelled his eBay membership. Damn, I had a feeling that was going to happen. Oh well, at least I didn't already send the money. My first bad experience on eBay other than having my credit card number stolen by Paypal/Billpoint but that's another story.

DD

DigitalDon said:
SOB just cancelled his eBay membership. Damn, I had a feeling that was going to happen. Oh well, at least I didn't already send the money. My first bad experience on eBay other than having my credit card number stolen by Paypal/Billpoint but that's another story.

DD

So, did he tell you that he's not selling you the unit?

No I've sent him several emails and he's not answering. Also, I checked the phone number in his profile and it belongs to someone else at a different address. There's no way I would send him money since he cancelled his eBay membership after the auction closed. Too shady. Also, since he cancelled his membership (or was suspended) he can't leave a feedback against me for this auction.

No I've sent him several emails and he's not answering. Also, I checked the phone number in his profile and it belongs to someone else at a different address. There's no way I would send him money since he cancelled his eBay membership after the auction closed. Too shady. Also, since he cancelled his membership (or was suspended) he can't leave a feedback against me for this auction.

Fair enough, and I'm sorry that you lost a good item this way. Didn't mean to harp on you, I was initially thinking he might follow through, bail on ebay and never deal with it again. Maybe I was being hopeful for ya.

Reminds all of us to set reserves and minimum bids.

That actually happened to me years ago, when Akai S700 samplers were somewhat desirable. I have two still, but I had three at one point. Some lucky guy in Milwalkee has the S700 I sold on ebay (including two or three boxes of 2.8" quick disks of samples) for less than $20. This was the second item I sold on e-bay, and learned a painful lesson.

But you know what, I look at as just an old painful lesson. 2 years ago I dumped a bunch of Compaq Smart Array controllers (the original EISA ones) which were worthless to me, but one guy bought all eight of them for 800 a piece since it was a dutch auction. I *was* going to throw them out. Anyway, to me, that completely made up for the S700.

Anyway, I'm just rambling here. Sorry that this guy sucked and you lost out. There is always the next deal :)

Yeah, I'm hopelessly addicted to eBay. This won't slow me down other than to check profiles and stuff like that a little closer. See if the jerk wouldn't have cancelled the membership a money order would have been on the way today. I guess the silver lining is he bailed rather than taking my money and running. Probably some 13 year old kid with a picture of his dads deck :D

Probably some 13 year old kid with a picture of his dads deck :D [/B]

Probably, heh-heh

DigitalDon said:
Yeah, I'm hopelessly addicted to eBay. This won't slow me down other than to check profiles and stuff like that a little closer. See if the jerk wouldn't have cancelled the membership a money order would have been on the way today. I guess the silver lining is he bailed rather than taking my money and running.

In the last five years, I've sold over 15K worth of stuff (mostly car parts that I seem to hoard as bad as music gear), and of course spent about 20% more than that on recording gear.

My wife disapproves, of course. Not so much for the money I've spent, but rather the very large, heavy boxes she has to carry into the house when Mr. UPSman shows up.

Last thursday, I was traveling for business and my wife received on my behalf 11 boxes and a large pallet via yellow freight.

Though the pallet wasn't studio related, it was car related. Got a used Posche 6-sp transaxle for a project car.

She's a good sport.

Back