New room. Suggestions on which angle to use

dr17

Room is 12x10.5 and the small narrow hall way is a length of 6x3 ft. I thought either the wall by the window (10.5) or centered on the 12ft wall and shooting down the narrow hall. Might not be a great difference really. Not going to totally make room acoustically perfect since I will be using sonar works for my headphone mixing and nearfield mixing of video/ audio. Suggestions are wide open to these ears here. Nice to be back actually. : )
Davidstudio 2019.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1092.JPG
    IMG_1092.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1091.JPG
    IMG_1091.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1090.JPG
    IMG_1090.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Yeah...I think facing the monitors toward the hall side would be best.

Miroslav thank you for your thoughts. I again thought if I put the speakers on the 10.5 wall (next to window centered) I could actually use the closet as bass traps by changing to slat doors which I have. Maybe put some bass traps in the closet which I have from previous studio. Hmm. A thought.
Again the hall is really narrow at adding 3ft wide by 6ft to the center of the 10.5. so how much of a difference I don't know.:confused:

Your drawing is somewhat out of proportion, and it makes the room look quite a bit longer on the 12' side...but it's pretty close to square...so I would try your setup both ways and see which works better for you.
With a small room like that, minor differences between walls, or a closet at one end, etc...tend to be less of importance that the total size of the room, which won't change regardless which way you face.
You might just choose the way that feels the most comfortable to you...and then work from there. Either way, you will need to add a decent amount of broadband/bass traps in there to create a sense of greater depth. I don't think just stuff the closet will be enough, but it will certainly help.

Back