Need Help for Locating Sound Baffle

ChuckU

I have a couple of diagrams of my attic studio. A plan view and a side view. I'm going to try to isolate the drums with office cubicle panels. As you can see I have a 40 degree pitch to part of the ceiling. I don't know if it is adversely affecting my sound during tracking - I'm actually liking my drum recording sound these days. Any advice regarding placement of the drums, mixing desk and sound baffles are welcome...

First picture.

Attachments

• attic1.gif
    attic1.gif
    5.1 KB · Views: 142
the pitch of the roof should help the sound. - the problem area would be the flat ceilinbg above the drums. Maybe line it with something absorbative before you baffle it off.

cheers
john

Thanks John. I always wondered if the roof pitch was a problem. The baffling that I'm thinking of adding is to put a few office cubicle sections around the drum set. I hear they are very sound absorbative and may help the drum mics from picking up other instruments and the room itself. I can get 36" x 66" sections for $35 apiece.

I found seven of those deviders at an old re-use type store for $5.00 EACH!! Check around first. You can build them too. They're just a frame insulation and some cloth...some have chicken wire in them.

Back