my studio set up

bstarstudios

Useless Thoughts
i record a bit in my home, but i wanted my setup to also be portable as i record band demos in practice spaces and other peoples places

my gear:

computer:
-macbook pro

software:
-logic pro 9

my recording gear:
-profire 2626(on loan)
-Behringer Xenyx 802 mixer
-Behringer 2 channel compressor
-Mxl990
-cad pro drum mic kit
-sm57
-livewire HA04 headphone amp

Guitars ect:
-Custom made Esquire
-Washburn D30s
-Ovation celebrity 12 string
-Peavey Valveking 112
-Various pedals

i record a bit in my home, but i wanted my setup to also be portable as i record band demos in practice spaces and other peoples places

my gear:

computer:
-macbook pro

software:
-logic pro 9

my recording gear:
-profire 2626(on loan)
-Behringer Xenyx 802 mixer
-Behringer 2 channel compressor
-Mxl990
-cad pro drum mic kit
-sm57
-livewire HA04 headphone amp

Guitars ect:
-Custom made Esquire
-Washburn D30s
-Ovation celebrity 12 string
-Peavey Valveking 112
-Various pedals

You could probably get away with rackmounting your whole set up there..

250 -- Raxxess Carpeted Converta Rack (10space)
40 --- Gator Slant Top Rack Laptop Tray (....Laptop......)
30 --- Raxxess 2U Standard Rack Utility Shelf (Mixer)
------

That'd be about 320 for racking the whole thing with room in the rack for mic cases in the bottom and a snake, extra cables, etc.. You could also go with a couple of 2 or 3 space drawers (1 for cables, 1 for mics) just to keep it more streamlined/professional looking.

But besides mic stands and any of your instruments that would hold everything plus a little (a lot if your not using the rack drawers) room for expansion..

Also, you could probably also get a used gator or skb rack from your local music shops and just sit the lap top on top of the rack with it's set up.. saves some money (possibly alot of money, I got a gator 12 space for 30 bucks once, only thing I had to do was buy the little threaded clips)

-Paul

sorry if this in the wrong forum.

and im planning on rack mounting it, looking at a euro style 4 space rack- looks good for only 60$. i use a few rubbermaid cases for storing mic cables and since, since this is supposed to be portable.

as far as laptop setup, i set it on top of a tv tray (10$) when i go places, and my desk at home. for now my rack mount equipment also sits on a seperate tv tray.

here are a few pics, still waiting on my drum mics and headphone amplifier to arrive, as well as my friend to get my the profire 2626 to borrow

overview
dscf2673q.jpg

behringer compressor
dscf2672.jpg

mixer
dscf2671u.jpg

Back