My new room

Redson

Moved my studio to a new room.
I've heard that symmetry is more important than dimensions of the room.
But how important is it to have the mixing position centered?
What about the (red) cupboards in the room?
Will they have any effect on my listening position?
Room (floor) size is 412x395 cm and 395 cm is the distance between the highest and the lowest walls.
Ceiling angle is 38 degrees.
Best regards Redson0-1.jpeg0-2.jpeg0-3.jpeg0.jpeg

Hard to tell from pix, but it looks like you have your audio monitors centered in the room. What an interesting room...

I am not sure how I would treat those back corners against the roof line behind the monitors. Maybe it just sounds good?

Looks cool man!

Maybe some chunks in the corners behind?

How does it sound?

Looks to me his desk is pushed to the side.
Would be better to lose the red cabinet and centre the desk.
Some trapping could be done in the void behind the desk.
Or not.

G

Looks to me his desk is pushed to the side.
Would be better to lose the red cabinet and centre the desk.
Some trapping could be done in the void behind the desk.
Or not.

G

That's how it looked to me - desk is over against the left wall (when sitting at the desk) with much more space over to the right (keyboards and space and red cabinet).

I have made some changes now to get a better (centered ) listening position.
Waiting for new speaker stands. I think the room sounds ok but will do more listening tests later.
I think it could need some more treatment.
0-4.jpeg0-6.jpeg0-5.jpeg

It's possible those bookcases on the side, properly "stuffed" can address the early reflection points well enough in that room, assuming those monitors will go on stands approximately at the corners of the desk.

I'm a little more concerned about the back wall's proximity, and the lack treatable corner space. I'd want to treat that back wall and door (assuming it's an access door and not a closet) as much as possible and that angled ceiling, which will be creating a lot of extra sound in your face.

I'd suggest getting a heavy, "blocking" curtain to cover the entire window.

It might sound "ok" but the question we have to answer (in mixing) is whether what we're hearing is what's actually in the recording, and not due in large part the room, so when that mixed recording goes and plays back somewhere else we don't wonder why it sounds nothing like what we heard in our mixing environment. (Aye, there's the rub...)

It's possible those bookcases on the side, properly "stuffed" can address the early reflection points well enough in that room, assuming those monitors will go on stands approximately at the corners of the desk.

I'm a little more concerned about the back wall's proximity, and the lack treatable corner space. I'd want to treat that back wall and door (assuming it's an access door and not a closet) as much as possible and that angled ceiling, which will be creating a lot of extra sound in your face.

I'd suggest getting a heavy, "blocking" curtain to cover the entire window.

It might sound "ok" but the question we have to answer (in mixing) is whether what we're hearing is what's actually in the recording, and not due in large part the room, so when that mixed recording goes and plays back somewhere else we don't wonder why it sounds nothing like what we heard in our mixing environment. (Aye, there's the rub...)

Yes, the back wall corners at floor will likely be a crazy bass buildup. Stick you head down there while playing music. Is he low end obnoxiously built up?

Try a simple test. Just buy some regular pink insulation (in the plastic wrapping) in each corner and see if it helps. You can always return it if it doesn't help. I bet it will...

Back