Midimonkey Webcam

frederic

http://midimonkey.dyndns.org:81/

username: guest
password: guest

(all lower case)

Up comes a menu, "active-x" worked for me, the "java" button bombed, though that might be my browser settings.

Don't expect to see too much... junk everywhere. I have the camera sitting on a pile of junk under the slant, only because I'm working back by the vocal booth.

Figured that would be slightly more exciting then staring into virtual open space.

give us a schedule when you'll be in there working so we can watch.

I pretty much live in here unless I have to visit clients, attend meetings in person which I avoid diligently, or am showering, eating, sleeping, or fixing house stuff.

RaGe said:
works now ;)

I know why it didn't work... at about 9am I walked in there and turned on the power strip.

I have a space heater on the same power strip, but the heater controls are broken, so I turn it on and off with the power strip :)

wear a longer shirt
don't use liquid tools® that early in the morning
you don't have to look all serious in front of the camera :)

i'm loving it man! big thumbs up for you.

What on earth are you doing!?

Sitting in a pile of garbage on the floor picking at something.

You need to check the date on the web cam... its only about a year behind :)

Velvet Elvis

wear a longer shirt

I tucked it in, sorry :)

don't use liquid tools® that early in the morning

Its 10am, coffee coffee coffee!

you don't have to look all serious in front of the camera :)

I guess you were watching while I kept getting hassled from work. We have a few unhappy campers due to the recent reorg, so I've been dealing with their workload essentially being ignored.

i'm loving it man! big thumbs up for you.

I have the camera in a bad spot for what I'm working on, but i'm making equipment racks. I chose that particular spot of the floor because its absolutely level, and flat, whereas the rest of the floor has a slight twist to it. (only 1/2 degree, but it still is a twist).

Oh! That's so cool!
Now we get to see all the flub-ups!!

I don't post pics of any of my "sacrifical lambs". ;)

But this is cool!

So when do I get to see the carpenter ants crawl past the camera??

Does the Dlink 1000 have sound like some of the others?

Velvet Elvis

Michael Jones said:
Oh! That's so cool!
Now we get to see all the flub-ups!!

I don't post pics of any of my "sacrifical lambs". ;)

But this is cool!

It is kinda cool, I have another dlink camera in the garage, which I flip on when I'm working in there, so fellow gear-heads can see some of the messes I make there as well.

The rover v8 with buick 300 heads was fairly popular :)

4.0L, twin turbo, all aluminum, 9500 RPM redline. heh-heh

Velvet Elvis said:
So when do I get to see the carpenter ants crawl past the camera??

Does the Dlink 1000 have sound like some of the others?

Velvet Elvis

There are no carpenter ants. They have been fully eradicated through tons of powdered poison dumped everywhere. And a few apparently immune ants were stepped on and shopvac'd :)

The Dlink 1000 doesn't have sound, but I got them for two reasons. They were dirt cheap, AND they connect directly to the network, I don't need a PC at all.

At the time I got them, they listed for $399, and I picked up four at $100 plus shipping each. Was one of those "can't pass up" deals.

here is the product guide, if you're interested. They are great cameras, come with a mount, and are very reliable:

http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=143

Anyway, back to drilling holes for rack rails :) Someone(s) just watched me swear at carrying a 175lb drill press up two flights of stairs LOL

Very cool...

I'm thinking about putting a camera in my studio and then adding a streamed audio feed via Darwin or something direct off the board...

I should buy a camera and put it up now though.

Where did you buy them?

Velvet

I'm thinking about putting a camera in my studio and then adding a streamed audio feed via Darwin or something direct off the board...

I should buy a camera and put it up now though.

Where did you buy them?

Velvet [/B]

I intend, eventually, to provide radio quality streaming audio, once I get my SDSL line installed. 3mb in both directions simultaniously. Right now all I have is a cable modem, which gives me a nice 7-8mb in, but only 31K out. This is why the updates of the camera on your end probably suck.

I'll be using icecast, a linux GNU version of shoutcast, so recipients of my stream(s) can use winamp or windows media, or MAC.

I got my four on e-bay about a year ago. No reserve, $1 min bid. I saw it last second at 97 bucks, so I keyed in $200, and the auction closed at $101 and some change. Works for me :) I have one in the studio, one in the garage, and the other two will be mounted in waterproof housings outside on the eaves of the house.

The software that comes with the cameras allow you to monitor up to 16 cameras simultaniously, like a security console in a corporate environment. 2, 4, 9 and 16 cameras at a time. Software comes with the cameras, and also records all cameras simultaniously.

Internally, since the camera is on my 100mb lan, I can watch and record AVI files at 640x480 @ 30 fps, which is gross overkill. One thing I did initially, was to set it to record one picture every 15 seconds, then FTP it to my server, then I pasted them all together for a "high speed" disassembly of the studio video. Then I accidentally deleted the directory, oh well :)

Back to work, since I'm being watched!

If you want live audio to go with the video, you can call the studio and I'll put it on speaker 732-669-0973 HA HA HA HA

Back