let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
Yeah, it’s 15 people and completely chat based. There’s several roles like Doctor, who heals someone each night, sheriff, who investigates someone each night, jailor, who jails someone each night and interrogates them, etc. it’s really in depth and fun!

And yeah, I sit on the floor, which I definitely don’t mind at all for the actual recording. I actually prefer it. Can be a little sucky for mixing, though.

are the serial killers selected randomly in addition to the roles? say like for instance if you're the doctor, can you just go to heal someone but actually murder them instead?

Ah, fair enough.
idk, maybe I'll give it a go. It's a Friday chat/social thing, though, so I'm reluctant to bring any games into it.

Ah, fair enough.
idk, maybe I'll give it a go. It's a Friday chat/social thing, though, so I'm reluctant to bring any games into it.

online friends or in person friends? i'd say give it a shot. worse that can happen is theres one friday night that you might not enjoy as much as the others. I still think its fun.

are the serial killers selected randomly in addition to the roles? say like for instance if you're the doctor, can you just go to heal someone but actually murder them instead?

All roles are randomly given before the match starts and you have to keep the role throughout the whole match. A doctor only does his job right if he heals the person the serial killer wants to attack that same night. Otherwise, they’re just healing a rando and they don’t do anything. There ARE some roles where Townies can kill some other townies by mistake. Veteran and Vigilante. A veteran has up to three alerts and can choose to alert. Anyone who visits the vet on a night that they alert will be shot and killed. Conversely, vigilante has three bullets and they can choose to shoot whomever they like, and they will be killed unless the victim has protection.

Nobody knows anyone’s role in the beginning, but slowly and surely, people’s roles get confirmed through demonstration and deduction.

It has been almost four months since I’ve been in my appartment with my suite, but here’s my latest Remote-studio;

...just figuring out I have no idea how to post a picture here ?

Visit from a friend

Looky who dropped in to see what condition my condition was in..

Found this great photo print on 1/32" vinyl sheet, then framed it with a clear sheet of plastic.

jimi 1 & 2.jpg

Reactions: TAE
Kind of a "How it started. How it's going" post.

After the studio was first built 20 years ago for when I did live sound and recording using Yamaha O1V's and Tascam recorders. Remnants of analog still remain.

Studio2020_01.jpg

20 years later it is going through its third update.

Studio2020_02.jpg

Futon was a big part of my bass management but now that its gone, I need to start thinking about bass traps. I don't want to give up the extra space and no longer need to deal with clients.

studiodesk2.JPG

How it looked 20 years ago. Not that much has changed but am working on a new treatment plan.

Back in 1990 I bought a pair of Latin Percussion bongos at a steal from this shop that was closing down. They were fantastic. I didn't know about top brands back then. They were just a pair of bongos to me. I lent them to a friend {it was actually more for him that I'd bought them to play in the first place} and he wrecked them {he also wrecked my timbales, my Fostex X15 and nearly spoiled my congas}. In the end I rebought some bongos but they were from Tone deaf music, a vastly inferior set.
But I love bongos. And in conjunction with especially congas {though I dig percussion of all kinds, even jangling keys !} they really add some good percussive bite and variation to certain songs.

Back in 1990 I bought a pair of Latin Percussion bongos at a steal from this shop that was closing down. They were fantastic. I didn't know about top brands back then. They were just a pair of bongos to me. I lent them to a friend {it was actually more for him that I'd bought them to play in the first place} and he wrecked them {he also wrecked my timbales, my Fostex X15 and nearly spoiled my congas}. In the end I rebought some bongos but they were from Tone deaf music, a vastly inferior set.
But I love bongos. And in conjunction with especially congas {though I dig percussion of all kinds, even jangling keys !} they really add some good percussive bite and variation to certain songs.

I was working with a group from Saskatchewan for my day job that had a Brazilian percussionist. We were setting up for a 3 show live recording and prep ended early. The percussionist wanted to do some shopping but couldn't find what he wanted in Boston so I offered to take him to NY for the day. There was a really good specialty drum shop nearby what used to be Manny's. Turned into a pretty expensive trip for me as I over did it. Never could figure out how to fit an Udu into anything.

Nice to see this thread still being alive.

I posted here way back in 2006 or so when I was building my studio next to my garage.
It has been about 15 years, and I finally took early retirement this year and have been reorganizing and fixing stuff so that I can start back working from the studio again without the pressure of paying my bills with the proceeds!

Here is what it looks like today.

I have a main room with the mix position , drums and amps. (also where the band practices).

The mix position has removable small panels at the first reflection points that cover the booth glass when I mix but just hang on conduit so they come right off when tracking.(the small panels do double duty as Gobo's by hanging them on Mic stands with boom arms in the horizontal position)

To the left and right of the mix position is a vocal booth to the left and a larger booth for acoustic instrument recording.

I am enjoying getting back into it after the last few years being so limited.

Attachments

• Main 1.JPG
    Main 1.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 50
  • Main 2.JPG
    Main 2.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 47
  • Main 3.JPG
    Main 3.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 55
  • Mix 1.JPG
    Mix 1.JPG