let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
I realised that I have not shown an updated pic of my studio for quite some time (also need to update my web site LOL) only had an Iphone to take the pics but here they are, both rooms, control and recording.

AlanIMG_4987.JPGIMG_4986.JPGIMG_4980.JPGIMG_4979.JPG

Damn, people here are packing some amazing stuff. Well, at least I can brag that I have a nice pair of headphones - Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro (powering it with audient ID4). Also a relatively cheap pair of speakers with a sub box (60 euro total) which were bought with no intent of producing music but they still have pretty nice quality

Damn, people here are packing some amazing stuff. Well, at least I can brag that I have a nice pair of headphones - Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro (powering it with audient ID4). Also a relatively cheap pair of speakers with a sub box (60 euro total) which were bought with no intent of producing music but they still have pretty nice quality

Sometimes it is a decent set of speakers that just work.

There are many here on this forum, that have what would not really be considered 'home' studio by the term. Yet some have just pushed the boundaries of that and are more on the professional end.

The awesome thing about that is that we all understand and know what it takes to make a low budget 'home' studio work at the level needed. So not as much a 'how expensive is your gear' forum, but one that caters to learning from the ground level up.

Redid my studio, most of it was done 1,5yr ago. But there's always more bits and bobs to be done, so I reckoned I'll just share it!

Before:
IMG_0158.JPG

Then I took out both of the side walls and most of the ceiling:
IMG_2023.JPGIMG_2166.JPG

Two layers of plastboard, plastered the walls, painted it dark gray and added a floating floor. I probably spend most time on redoing electrics on a seperate group on the switchboard which I had to get through the ceilings of this old house. Then made a star earthing system and a lot of power sockets (that still turned out to few). No hums and everything works and sounds good I still however sometimes get tiny electrical shocks from my SM58 (I'll start up a seperate topic about this and some other electric studio building questions I've got). Did not make any pictures of electrics though, so you'll have to do with this flooring picture.
IMG_2393.JPG

Made shelves with cupboard doors from the atticfloor that I removed:
IMG_2685.JPG

And this is where I am right now! Very happy with the acoustics. Did all the first reflections with Rockwool, filled the upperceiling triangle with a bass trap and the bottom corner underneath the triangled roof with bass traps too. Had to fill most of the windows with panels too, to keep reflections down and for the neighbours. I am really happy with how good the angled roof makes drums sound although placement of the Overheads makes a big difference. I only had hoped that two layers of plasterboard would have kept more of the outside sound out, even though I filled all of the gaps around the board with plaster. Next time I wood go for three or even four layers.

WhatsApp Image 2020-06-23 at 10.13.13.jpeg

Thanks, you guys have been a huge inspiration for this big redo! :D

I have no idea as to why they ended up like that. Sorry. They were correct before the down load.

Just joking with you. No sorry needed.:)
If I wanted to , or any anyone else, we could just open em up on a computer rather than phone and simply flip the pics;)

Besides, you’re gonna be working in there, and it looks like a nice place to work!

my incredibly elaborate and horribly costly setup:eek::D

nYJpvi4.jpg

CARVIN (Squeeee!)... I, too, once had a he(a)rd of Carvin hardware - various guitar tube amps *(1*12, 2*12) - LB50 bass - SC guitar - 12 channel powered mixer - 15" PA bins - sigh.

Back