let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters

Giganova

gimmi your mic!
hiya --

c'mon, let me see your studio! I am sure we will all get good ideas of how to improve our studio by peeking into others.
Doesn't matter if you're a pro or just starting in your bedroom.

o.k., I'll start ... it's only a very modest home studio for electronic music, my sax and occasional vocal recording. It's in an apartment I rent in State College/PA (hence no major changes possible :-( . The pix shows the room "before & after". Can't wait to get a house to build a decent studio!

Attachments

• homestudio_all.jpg
    homestudio_all.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 45,933
Reactions: NL5
Ok, well, hmmmm....
This is where I'm at now:
lg-89718.jpg

This is where I want to to be: ( :D )

LR_fabric.jpg

This is how I'm getting there:

attachment.php

And this:

attachment.php

Reactions: apl
Michael... your place looks good...the pno is gorgeous...but the speaker setup hits me kinda weird... does that seem to work for you? I'd think the separation will be diminished and you would have the lean forward in your chair to get a good "sweet spot".

mixmkr said:
Michael... your place looks good...the pno is gorgeous...but the speaker setup hits me kinda weird... does that seem to work for you? I'd think the separation will be diminished and you would have the lean forward in your chair to get a good "sweet spot".
It's not ideal, no.
I have to kind of angle the speakers outward, and they're too close for me. Fatigue sets in quickly.

Here's a close-up:
lg-207012.jpg

I don't have any current pictures. I've made some major changes but this is pretty much the way it looks.
The top and middle pictures are the console in the control room and the bottom is in the tracking room.

Attachments

• my studio.jpg
    my studio.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 43,595
Michael Jones said:
It's not ideal, no.
I have to kind of angle the speakers outward, and they're too close for me. Fatigue sets in quickly.

Here's a close-up:
lg-207012.jpg

nice picture ...and I like what is kinda "ghosting" in your computer monitors:)

Hello, hey forever rain, we NEVER get tired of looking:D BTW, you asked about details of my console, and I posted some sections and details a couple of weeks ago. No one responded so I didn't continue with them, but you can search for them a couple of pages back.
Heres mine giganova, but its in a bedroom. and its not a studio. Its a music composition room with recording stuff in it.
http://home.rcsis.com/beachchic/studio1.jpg>

forever....

your place is fantastic. I really like the "look" and "feel" of it. Must be a very relaxing and constructive space to record in. I would think yours to be a model of what home reccors could do with their setups.

I think LAZI wins the award of 'most stuff on as little space as possible 2003'. Congratulations :D
besides;, it's not the size, it's what you do with it :D

Herwig

Lazi -- I luv your comfty spot! Looking at all the drum boxes I guess you're into electrononic music (DnB/jungle), right?

I posted a thread like this in the Hip-Hop forum since I didn't think you guys would be interested in Hip-Hop/electronica studios, but since Lazi posted here I might as well.

The studio is on the 4th floor of a converted high school. The room is 25x25. Sorry about the quality, the film place screwed up on the developing.

BTW, some real nice set ups here. Especially Michael Jones, man I envy you. In about 10 years I'll be there, if I start saving now. :D

Stray

Attachments

• studiocollage.jpg
    studiocollage.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 27,572
I posted a thread like this in the Hip-Hop forum since I didn't think you guys would be interested in Hip-Hop/electronica studios, but
Hellostray411, why do you think that? We like to see everybodys stuff. Cool, I like electronica as well as western swing, so why not the studios!:D
fitz

Rick,

I guess because most of us in the Hip-Hop/Electronica forum are more concerned with gear than studio construction, room acoustics and treatments, which seem to be of paramount concern in this forum. Don't get me wrong, I find discussions about these topics very interesting, but I'm a long way from there.

If you look at my studio pics you'll see my sound treatment, grey carpet pad from Home Depot. I figured you guys would just laugh at something like that.

Stray

Back