let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
bdknocks said:
Any thoughts on that?

My thoughts on studio foam are this: Be very careful with it. Make sure it's treated to be fire retardent. Some of the cheap foams go up in flams very quickly and create extremely toxic gasses in the process. The fire at The Station in Rhode Island when Great White was playing was started because the owners of the night club used cheap foam on the walls. I don't know the exact make up of the foam you're buying, but just be very careful. A lot of people won't even use foam in their studios because even the stuff treated to be fire retardent will still burn.

SonicClang said:
I love how many photos you took of the construction!!! It's great having the before, during, and after photos to look at to remember where you started and how much pain and sacrifice it took to geto the end point. I absolutely loved looking through all your pictures, what fun! Once I'm done with my studio I'll be doing the exact same thing. I've got so many pictures it'll take days to get them all organized and uploaded, but it'll be worth it for people to see what I've been doing.

Again, fricken awesome work man.

PS: Did it really only take a couple months to build that??? It's taken me 6 years!!! to build mine. haha.

Tanks SonicClang,

I lost a lot of the pictures... (Pressed the wrong button on the friikin camera :rolleyes: :o)

It took me and a friend about 6 months to build. It was hard work, starting when I got home from work to late night nearly every day + weekends.
Im glad to finally be done. (or almost that is) :D And so is my wife :p

Cant wait to see your photos.

Kenivel

Oh and you have a wife too! Yeah my wife can't wait for me to be done with my studio either. But I've been pacing myself a lot more ever since me and her met. Before we met I was building every single day with my friends down here. It's a tough life. 6 months sounds a lot better than 6 years... :)

bdknocks said:
Thought I'd post some pics of my studio. It's nice and works good but I don't have much space to work with. No control room, just a control area. I built the desk from scratch, it not only holds my recording gear but my complete PA also. If you notice from the front view, the foam that looks like speaker grills/covers are PA speakers, I thought that would be neat and save space. The room is used for band practice and recording. I built a vocal/isolation booth but am waiting for my foam to arrive to finish it up. Let me know what you think

Cool pictures there bdknocks, very cosy and neat! :)

Thanks Gorty! When I answered "I am jealous! Can I move into your house??" in the poll I was thinking of YOUR house! Your place is AWESOME! Real nice job there....

bdknocks said:
Thanks Gorty! When I answered "I am jealous! Can I move into your house??" in the poll I was thinking of YOUR house! Your place is AWESOME! Real nice job there....

Thanx bdknocks,

This is my happy place! :)

Here is my present setup. I needed to get a lot of work completed before the first thing even went in the room because the space needed a new window a new door and a paint job. The desk was custom made from birch plywood and stained in cherry. The desk looks similar to another commercial type but it isnt the same,mine is better. :)
Now its acoustic treatment a pair of monitors and a dual core computer.I can still play temporarily until all thats in place.

Attachments

• 100_3152.jpg
    100_3152.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 1,399
  • 100_3155.jpg
    100_3155.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,280
  • 100_3156.jpg
    100_3156.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 1,266
  • 100_3157.jpg
    100_3157.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 1,267
  • 100_3161.jpg
    100_3161.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 1,292
Just a few more pics.

Attachments

• 100_3162.jpg
    100_3162.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 1,286
  • 100_3163.jpg
    100_3163.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 1,253
  • 100_3167.jpg
    100_3167.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,275
  • 100_3168.jpg
    100_3168.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 1,306
Timothy said:
Just a few more pics.

A lot of hard work went into that desk Timothy, nice work!

Is that a Mackie 1402VLZ Mixer I see on your desk?......If so, I have one of them! :)

cincy_kid said:
WoW, very nice Gorty!

Hey Thanx cincy,

You are doing fine!
Very well done on your absorbers, nice work!
Your place looks very neat and tidy, we all have to start somewhere!

Your start is a huge step above where I started! :)

hehe, thanks man ~

I hooked up my board and card and installed Acid 4.0 (which is the program i am most familiar with and will start with it) and tested out my new SP B1...it all works! :)

Looking forward to getting a few more things taken care of and bought and doing some recording ...

Back