let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
New pics

I made a thread for this , but i suppose i shoulda just put it here.

GEOOFFICE.jpg

gEOrACK.jpg

gEORACKCLOSE.jpg

RACKCLOSE2.jpg

gEODRUMROOM.jpg

gEOKIT.jpg

gEOAMPS.jpg

gEOgUITARS.jpg

gEOkEYS.jpg

Just an update on my home studio, I will be 18 soon... which means im closer to being able to move out... which means im closer to not having to keep this all bedroom restricted :D.

Anyway, check the pics

Hope you like what you see, taken alot of hard work to get where I am!​

PS: check out my website for some recordings: www.joshfriend.co.uk

:cool:

usdn rep said:
Even though I disagree wit some of ya'll views on life, ya'll got some nice set ups......very motivational

Yeah lets concentrate on something everyone agrees on...gear slutting :D

Got all the insulation in and started on the outer layer. Also, the guy came round about air conditioning today.

Attachments

• DSC00378.JPG
    DSC00378.JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 862
  • DSC00379.JPG
    DSC00379.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 771
  • DSC00381.JPG
    DSC00381.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 767
  • DSC00382.JPG
    DSC00382.JPG
    53.5 KB · Views: 772
Looks like its going well! Unusual approach to insulating but its a really good idea! Good luck with the rest, keep us posted!

Hey Pandamonk...where are you from? Just curious...I seem to get drawn in when I see the different construction techniques from around the world.

Hey Pandamonk, I haven't seen your plans, but I'm a bit curious about some things I saw in the pics. Is this a "room within a room" design? Is this being built on an existing slab? :confused: :eek: Not to be negative, but am I missing something here? It looks as if there is NO foundation, is that correct? Dose your local building codes allow building something like this with no permits, or do the pics not show certain things. Like...ceiling rafters? You aren't really planning on hanging drywall from those "2x4's" spanning the space are you? Is there a "seperate" floor for the interior space? Sometimes work in progress pics suggest things that arn't there, and if thats the case, sorry. But if what I see is reality....man, MY local building inspection department would have a field day :eek: No offence intended, as the pics don't show everything. Thats why I am asking questions. Say, do you have any drawings, like sections or details you could post. Some people might learn something from them.
fitZ :confused:

RICK FITZPATRICK said:
Hey Pandamonk, I haven't seen your plans, but I'm a bit curious about some things I saw in the pics. Is this a "room within a room" design? Is this being built on an existing slab? :confused: :eek: Not to be negative, but am I missing something here? It looks as if there is NO foundation, is that correct? Dose your local building codes allow building something like this with no permits, or do the pics not show certain things. Like...ceiling rafters? You aren't really planning on hanging drywall from those "2x4's" spanning the space are you? Is there a "seperate" floor for the interior space? Sometimes work in progress pics suggest things that arn't there, and if thats the case, sorry. But if what I see is reality....man, MY local building inspection department would have a field day :eek: No offence intended, as the pics don't show everything. Thats why I am asking questions. Say, do you have any drawings, like sections or details you could post. Some people might learn something from them.
fitZ :confused:
Yeah room within a room. Yeah on slab which we laid. No foundation, you are correct. It is being built as a shed and you are allowed to build a shed up to 25m2(squared)without planning permission. There are ceiling rafters which will support the weight(hopefully)The floor is what came with the shed. I know what I've done, ain't the best idea, but it's all I can afford, and it seems to be doing the job. I only have a plan which are posted in "home studio, help needed"

Cool. Thats all I was wondering. I've made recording spaces from worse. :D Please don't take offence to my questions. Its just that some people may get the idea that certain things are legal in general just because they saw it on the internet. ;) And good luck with your space. Most of all, have fun! :D
fitZ :)

My setup

Man, nice setups! Professional and organized. And hot gear! Here's my setup.
1.jpg

My space is very small and compact. But, I learned how ta use space management. Use racks to build up. And shelving that folds in and out. People say it looks like the Matrix with all these arms and shelving.
2.jpg

5.jpg

YES! I see a lot of you guys got the Avalon! :eek: Ya, you know what I'm talkin about... :D
3.jpg

Since I have a limited space, I put all the computers, drives, and gear that generates heat in this closet. A vent was added to blow all the hot air to the roof. Also helps to keep the studio cool and have less noise from gear.
4.jpg

I guess you could call this the unseen part of the studio. Cords every where and not as nice looking. But, everyone needs at least one dirty coner. :rolleyes:

Back