let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters

The back room.......:eek:;)

Attachments

• Im002560b.jpg
    Im002560b.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1,187
  • Im002561b.jpg
    Im002561b.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 1,182
  • Im002563b.jpg
    Im002563b.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,191
Not a 'puter or video monitor in the entire spread!!!

How blasphemous!!!

...('cept the TV, I guess!)

Okay! All gear back under wraps!!!:eek:;)

Move along! There's nothing to see here!

Move along!;) :eek:

Attachments

• Im002533b.jpg
    Im002533b.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,197
Last edited:
looks like a phenomenal space, Freud Dude. Do you have any sketches of the layout you can scan and post? Even lame MS Paint thing would be cool to help visualize.

My space is also about 20 by 30 minus an open stairwell to the garage below, but I sure envy you that high ceiling and all that sunshine!

Here's a hi-tech rough drawing of the space as it sits.

F.S.

Attachments

• basement drawing small.jpg
    basement drawing small.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 1,187
Here's a hi-tech rough drawing of the space as it sits.

F.S.

Yup. Phenomenal. Thanks for the drawing. You really have the space to do some John L Sayers dot com type angled walls in the control room and an angled wall in the iso if you wanted.

My space is multi purpose, so I definitely don't have that luxury...

That space is top notch. Now you just need a big Tascam like A Reel Person and the Casa Cassette studio for some real mojo! :D

Yup. Phenomenal. Thanks for the drawing. You really have the space to do some John L Sayers dot com type angled walls in the control room and an angled wall in the iso if you wanted.

My space is multi purpose, so I definitely don't have that luxury...

That space is top notch. Now you just need a big Tascam like A Reel Person and the Casa Cassette studio for some real mojo! :D

Ya, well I always keep in mind that I may have to sell the house someday so it's always a compromise on design. I think we will stay in this house for a long time though. Until retirement at least.

Anyways, I can make a couple funky shaped rooms:D

F.S.

Personally,...

I've never sat at a mixing desk like it's the dinner table. For whatever leg room is or isn't apparent under the mixing desk(s), my setup works very well for me. Interesting point, though, it had me scrolling back thru studio pics to observe your reference. Thanx.:eek:;)

There are some amazing studios in here. I'm totally jealous right now.

Here's what I euphemistically call my studio...

sss01.jpg

You can just about make out the computers under the desk, I think. One is my DAW and one is a server for the rest of the house. I'm currently using the preamps on the yamaha mixer until I can afford something better.

sss02.jpg

I think hanging the jumper behind the mic stops some of the reflections. It's like a very shitty reflections filter, lol.

sss03.jpg

A collection of guitar things.

sss04.jpg

There's an electro acoustic in the guitar bag. There's also a couple of laptops in this picture cuz I'm a bit of a computer geek.

sss05.jpg

A windowsill of things: pocket pod, digitech distortion pedal, mic clips, guitar tuner, metronome, and naiant mics.

sss06.jpg

Better shot of the mixer and cans.

Not pictured are my drums (acoustic and electric) and a microkorg synth. My "studio" isn't big enough to fit everything in at once. I'm hopefully moving to a bigger room at the end of the year where I'll actually be able to record my acoustic drums. At the moment I have to record my electric drums into a digital eight track I have and transfer it to my DAW.

Suffice to say I've got a loooong way to go.

keep seeing all this amazing equipment ect ect but no leg space under the mixing desks.....??

Maybe I'm an odd duck...ok...I am an odd duck but for what ever reason, when I play, I like to sit. When I mix...I sit...when I push away and listen...I always stand. I donno why but that's the way I do it. Not because I intend to but because I feel like I've got to. Maybe standing gives me a sense of a fresh perspective.

Just me.

yep i have too agree i was looking at the picture and there was something missing ................................errm............................err............................................................
thats it a keyboard or two dont want to be too greedy:D

id love to watch him play them all at once hands would be going everywhere while he runs up and down:D

sounds like a clip for u-tube

Gawd, man! Do you have a few keyboards there, or...

do you think you could fit a few more in, maybe?
:eek::eek::eek::eek:;):confused::cool:

Hey! Vertical mixing! How ingenious! You, sir, may start a trend!

Late!~~~~:eek:;)

sss04.jpg

There's an electro acoustic in the guitar bag. There's also a couple of laptops in this picture cuz I'm a bit of a computer geek.

Is that a Yamaha YPG-625 (it think that's the designation?) in the background? I bought my daughter one for Christmas and I love it. She's getting married & moving out in about 2 months--I might have to get another one!

It is a yamaha but the model number is DGX 620. I love the piano sounds in it. I used to have a real piano when I was younger cuz I used to take lessons but I gave up and sold the piano and then ten years later I'm back into music and I don't have the space for a proper piano so I opted for this. I wasn't disappointed!

It is a yamaha but the model number is DGX 620. I love the piano sounds in it. I used to have a real piano when I was younger cuz I used to take lessons but I gave up and sold the piano and then ten years later I'm back into music and I don't have the space for a proper piano so I opted for this. I wasn't disappointed!

Yep, my daughter will be starting in a smallish apartment--and I wanted her to have something she could sit down at, close her eyes and feel like she's at a piano. This does the trick. The "Live Grand" sound is spot on, and the keyboard feels very authentic.

Thanks for sharing your space with us! :D

Is that a Yamaha YPG-625 (it think that's the designation?) in the background? I bought my daughter one for Christmas and I love it. She's getting married & moving out in about 2 months--I might have to get another one!

Looks like a DGX-620. It's got weighted key action. I absolutely love mine. Set me back $1000 though.

EDIT: Ah, I see it's all been sorted out. ;)

Back