let me see your studio!

good idea to post pix?

• this thread suxxxx

Votes: 46 3.6%
  • not interested in peeking into other's bedrooms

Votes: 19 1.5%
  • is that an Ozbourne poster on the wall?? Yikes!

Votes: 62 4.9%
  • man -- when did you clean up the last time?

Votes: 184 14.5%
  • I am so jeleous! Can I move into your house??

Votes: 962 75.6%

• Total voters
The console is a D&R Dayner, a dutch modular board from the mid 80s till mid 90s. I love it to bits...

The synths.. yeah it's bit over the top... I just bought anything underrated and thus cheap I saw, and ended up with all this... I still have one wall free so I don't have to worry yet, altho I'm looking more into buying some more signal processors now.

The console is a D&R Dayner, a dutch modular board from the mid 80s till mid 90s. I love it to bits...

The synths.. yeah it's bit over the top... I just bought anything underrated and thus cheap I saw, and ended up with all this... I still have one wall free so I don't have to worry yet, altho I'm looking more into buying some more signal processors now.

Cool. I'll have to look up that board.

F.S.

A few pictures of the one room in my house where I spend most of my time:

totaal2_small.jpg

muur1_small.jpg

muur2_small2.jpg

I'm jealous. I hope you have an insurance policy on that room, a fire would be devastating.

i made this for my thread in this forum, but i guess it fits here too!
:cool::cool::cool::eek::p I love it. You hit alll the concepts. If I could offer one little word of critique, and it only comes from a safety point of view. The foam on the ceiling is highly flamable. In my opinion you shoud get it out of there. Anyway, looks great and its nice to see the video. Your hard work and research shows.:)
fitz

:cool::cool::cool::eek::p I love it. You hit alll the concepts. If I could offer one little word of critique, and it only comes from a safety point of view. The foam on the ceiling is highly flamable. In my opinion you shoud get it out of there. Anyway, looks great and its nice to see the video. Your hard work and research shows.:)
fitz

thanks rick! and again, thanks for all the help. i spent the last several months reading posts and additional web info from you and ethan as well as a few others before i decided to tackle the project. and what a difference it's made!

i was thinking the same thing about that terrible foam. when i bought my house 3 years ago i threw that up (mattress pads from dollar general for $5 each and a staple gun--lol) when i put down the carpet just to try to do something about the awful ringing in the room. of course it's not necessary now, so i should take it down. it doesn't look nice, but the rafters aren't exactly attractive either. but i imagine i will take it down very soon.

cheers! :)

Hey Peeps,
I'll spare you the building pics. I transformed a bathroom showroom and a little office into a nice analog recording studio. Building took three months and I already recorded two bands in my first two weeks. :cool:

Cassette.jpg

DSC_0106.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

That is freakin' AWESOME, man! I'd love to hear some of the stuff you've recorded at Casa Cassette. :)

what is soon to be my new live space in about 3 or 4 months or so. Tough to get a shot of it all. It's about 27 by 20 or so depending on where you messure, with a 10ft 3 inch ceiling. Can't wait to get in. It will have a controll room about 15 by 15 (I have to finish once moved in) a drum room that is as big or bigger than you would actually want (will be devided) and an iso booth that is 10 X 10. It's also plumbed for a full bath.
I'm going to have the whole floor to my self:D

F.S.

Attachments

• livesmall2.jpg
    livesmall2.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 1,242
  • livesmall.jpg
    livesmall.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 1,262
  • livesmall3.jpg
    livesmall3.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 1,244
what is soon to be my new live space in about 3 or 4 months or so. Tough to get a shot of it all. It's about 27 by 20 or so depending on where you messure, with a 10ft 3 inch ceiling. Can't wait to get in. It will have a controll room about 15 by 15 (I have to finish once moved in) a drum room that is as big or bigger than you would actually want (will be devided) and an iso booth that is 10 X 10. It's also plumbed for a full bath.
I'm going to have the whole floor to my self:D

F.S.
Nice one! Only problem is the 15'x15' CR and 10'x10' iso booth. Square = bad.

Nice one! Only problem is the 15'x15' CR and 10'x10' iso booth. Square = bad.

Ya. That's all unfinished at the moment. Framing is there but no ceiling etc.
The control room is actually odd shaped (not symmetrical) the messurements on that are approximate. I am going to pitch the ceiling in the control room and I have to decide what shape I want to make it. The iso booth is pretty damn square . I've got to figure out what to do there. ceiling hieght etc. I was thinking about getting curved steel top and botom plates and making it 3/4 round with one corner where the door is. The options are wide open.

The live space had to fit in a budget and happen in a specific time frame so it is going to need alot of work I fear. We'll see how it sounds once the carpet is in, but I think I'll be building several huge corner traps. Right now it's super live but not totaly unpleasant.

Thanks Pandamonk.

F.S.

The live space had to fit in a budget and happen in a specific time frame so it is going to need alot of work I fear.

F.S.

looks like a phenomenal space, Freud Dude. Do you have any sketches of the layout you can scan and post? Even lame MS Paint thing would be cool to help visualize.

My space is also about 20 by 30 minus an open stairwell to the garage below, but I sure envy you that high ceiling and all that sunshine!

looks like a phenomenal space, Freud Dude. Do you have any sketches of the layout you can scan and post? Even lame MS Paint thing would be cool to help visualize.

My space is also about 20 by 30 minus an open stairwell to the garage below, but I sure envy you that high ceiling and all that sunshine!

Thanks Obi Wan.

I need to measure it all out again and draw it out. I'll likely have to do the windows paint thing or maybe I can photograph the drawing.
I'll see what I can do.

F.S.

Spring 2008! Update from Me!

Rack:eek:;)

Attachments

• Im001965b.jpg
    Im001965b.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 1,209
  • Im002526b.jpg
    Im002526b.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,210
  • Im002532b.jpg