Let Me See Your LIVE RIG...........

dastrick

huh???
We have a Let me see your studio thread, but I don't have a studio. I record live. So I want to see what you use to record live. So let me see your live rig or portable rig or on-location rig...whatever you want to call it.

I'll start it off.

I've been meaning to take some action shots (and will eventually), but I seem to always forget the camera. I've got a Furman power conditioner, Behringer HA4700, Presonus Firestudio, and a Presonus Digimax FS...and of course mics, stands, cables, etc...

Soooo.......let us see em'. :D

Attachments

• live rig 1.1.jpg
    live rig 1.1.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 154
  • live rig 2.1.jpg
    live rig 2.1.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 157
Yep. She's ALL MINE. No payments.

boombox.jpg

Frank

My old live rig from 30+ years ago (with me in action). I transformer balanced the two Model 2's and used the Teac 7300 to gain 4 more mic inputs. Having only 4 tracks provided a REAL challenge in planning for a stereo mixdown.

118654787.jpg

A couple of recordings from the night that picture was taken. Meet The Cooper Street Band from Minneapolis.
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=818206&songID=8264763
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=818206&songID=8260969

My new live rig. I haven't been able to get the two Firestudios to work together so I have a used Digimax FS on the way. In the rack: 2x Presonus Firestudio, 1x ART HeadAmp 6 (6 channel headphone amp), ART Digital MPA tube preamp, ART SW8-3 (3 way mic splitter), and, in the back a Furman power conditioner.
121488502.jpg

I have just done one session with the new stuff, recording a band at a local club as my test subjects. I used 9 channels in total, 7 on the FS, and two by SPDIF from the ART to the FS. All went well for the test subjects. I finish mixing them today. Here's a sample. Meet "Nasty Habits", a self described "funky blues band", from Vero Beach, Fl. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=818206&songID=8712324

Last edited:
Strange that the two Firestudios won't work together. Did you contact Presonus? Is the firmware updated on both?

Strange that the two Firestudios won't work together. Did you contact Presonus? Is the firmware updated on both?

Yep. We've been going round and around on this since October. They worked until both lost the firewire output at the same time one night and I sent them in for repair. When they came back they both worked alone, but UC would only find one of them when they were chained. Their tech support has really gone down hill lately and is for the most part unresponsive. I've spent 55 minuts on hold waiting for someone to answer the phone recently. Another time I gave up after 20 minutes. Very poor.

Richard, I dig that live recording rig more than I can possibly say. When I look back on those days, the stuff was such a pain in the neck, but man...we made some great recordings on that stuff. You can to work at it a little harder I think. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

Frank

Richard, I dig that live recording rig more than I can possibly say. When I look back on those days, the stuff was such a pain in the neck, but man...we made some great recordings on that stuff. You can to work at it a little harder I think. Thanks for the stroll down memory lane.

Frank

My next "rig" had an 80-8 replacing the 3340. THAT thing weighed a ton to haul around. I had the DBX unit for it and the two fit into an Anvil case with wheels. I hauled it around in an old orange 1972 Datsun station wagon with orange shag carpet. ;) I like my current setup a bit better, well, at least for portability.

I can't imagine hauling those big ole things around. I guess I'm spoiled.:rolleyes:

Here's another picture of my remote rig. I worked out of a studio that was still 1/2" four track. I bought myself the 80-8 and used to haul it into the studio when I had sessions. I would interface it to the mixing console through the patchbay. I mounted the machines in the "custom consoles" as shown in the pictures. You are looking at part of the reason that I have back problems today. :(

3371040.jpg

Back