Latest pic of studio construction

jonothon, are you gonna put that Sound barrier type stuff around before you finnish the rooms completely

c9-2001 said:
jonothon, are you gonna put that Sound barrier type stuff around before you finnish the rooms completely

I don't know what you mean. What sound barrier stuff? I'll be putting some combination of resilient channel, sheetrock and celotex on every wall, with either tongue and groove wood or acoustic panels on top of that.

I pretty much finished framing today, it's gonna be awesome.

absolutely awesome :)

Nice to see no parallel walls :) Nice and roomy. I'm sure several folks here would be glad to help you solder it up in exchange for moving in :)

Looking good jonothan - make sure you put all your mike cables etc in before you sheetrock it all :):)

cheers
john

Hey Jonothon, I am need to know how much does it cost to get all those walls built and windows placed in with extras. I always wondered this but no one to ask. Thanx

hey scenario.

haven't kept track of costs so far, i just pull out my charge card at home depot! ;-)

seriously, i've done it all myself, so the only costs are the tools and lumber. I bought a nice radial arm saw and nailgun, which helped a lot. I designed it myself after a lot of observations at studios and finding studio plans all over the internet. If you can do the work yourself, just count up the lumber needed, go to a lumber supply house and price it. I don't know yet what I'm up against with the remaining stuff, electrical, HVAC, should be enough to send me to the bar across the street for a couple of stiff ones.

Windows??

Hi Jon. I love everything I see so far. I'm planning to build a similar project (on a bit smaller scale) in my basement within the next 6 months. I was wondering what your plan is for the windows in between each room. Keep the pics coming.

robin watson said:
Yep, always feel a bit silly when I do that.

How about the three of us all meet up here again in 2009?

See you then...or am I invited? I might have pics of mine by then (I haven't started constructing yet...still using a snake to my living room).

Much love,
Cuzme

Back