just moved address, need help with boomy room

Not really, this is the info from the guys website:

All of our products are made using high quality Rockwool from the Pro Rox RW range this “is a strong but flexible stone wool board”. The materials used to make acoustic panels is extremely important and is crucial to the way the panels integrate and brake up sound.
But why is rockwool a good material to use?
Rockwool is a material which is used to insulate houses, which essentially stops heat from escaping out of the walls. This makes it an excellent material to use when working with sound as an acoustic panel is used to ‘dampen’ sound; to stop it reflecting around the room and causing problems. When the sound waves hits the panel the rockwool helps to break up the sound wave and stop as much of the sound energy from escaping back into the room.
This process “Soaks up the sound energy, turning it into heat, through friction.”

Why are you looking at pre-made panels when you can buy the materials make make your own much cheaper.

Alan.

Bummer. I only know one guy in UK. Now if you lived in US, I would maybe know a guy. LOL!

Seriously though, if there is a store out there that would spend a bit of time cutting the pieces, you could do this man. It really not that tough of a project.

I could probably make the frames OK if |I got the wood cut to size.
I'm more concerned with handling the rockwool (I have asthma and eczema) and worrying about putting the material on correctly so that nothing "leaks"
I'd rather get them built properly by a pro for my own peace of mind.

I question that chart - it indicates 1.0 = 100% sound absorption, yet has some figures OVER 1.0 - how can that be?

Ha! As I understand it, 100% absorption is a hole in the wall! "It" goes but never returns. (but they can do wonderful things with DSP?)

Dave.

I have always said that my best bass trap is my control room door, it's in the back corner of the room and if you leave it open when mixing it becomes the biggest bass trap in the world, the rest of the building.

Having said that if the door is closed the room is fine also due to the front wall traps and the rear wall trap corner opposite the door. Can't do anything about the door position anyway as it's the only place it could have gone due to the rest of the building layout.

Alan.

Back