Jamming room with backing tracks

cr250

I have a 10x12' room with my guitar amp and studio monitors. I jam to backing tracks quite a lot, I mic my amp also thru the monitors.

My monitors are placed in the corners or the room, with my amp between them, mic'd up and fills the room with nice guitar sound when it's just guitar. When I start the backing track my ears start to fatigue quikly..lol, nothing I can put my finger on, guitar cuts thru fine, but everywhere in the room sounds different.

The backing tracks have lots of power but just sound bad, this is I guess a combination of terrible youtube quality and good monitors, so maybe some regular speakers would be better?, or maybe isolate my amp or move it or face it another direction?

How would you go about setting this room for jamming alone to backing tracks?

thanks

I have a 10x12' room with my guitar amp and studio monitors. I jam to backing tracks quite a lot, I mic my amp also thru the monitors.

My monitors are placed in the corners or the room, with my amp between them, mic'd up and fills the room with nice guitar sound when it's just guitar. When I start the backing track my ears start to fatigue quikly..lol, nothing I can put my finger on, guitar cuts thru fine, but everywhere in the room sounds different.

The backing tracks have lots of power but just sound bad, this is I guess a combination of terrible youtube quality and good monitors, so maybe some regular speakers would be better?, or maybe isolate my amp or move it or face it another direction?

How would you go about setting this room for jamming alone to backing tracks?

thanks

dont use utoob ?

Back