Isolation Box for Bass Amp. Is it Possible ??????

I never said anything about "space to develop;" those are your words.
But then you write a whole paragraph describing exact this fallacy.
It's fairly basic physics, mate.
Yep, and you obviously don’t understand them. Like I said, it’s a common misunderstanding. I’m sure that whoever you learned it from also didn’t actually understand it and was just telling you what they learned from somebody else who didn’t understand it. Very few audio engineers in the last few decades actually deserve the capital E.

As I mentioned earlier, I built an iso box using my closet for my guitar amp and it works wonders. Lots of ridgid insulation, foam, carpets, pillows and blankets. I can crank that thing very loud and only hear the pick on the strings from 8 feet away. My wife can't even hear it downstairs. When I open the closet door, it sounds like I'm at rehearsal. As an experiment, I plugged one of my bass's into my guitar rig (which uses a closed back cab), and the results were promising. I was able to play without disturbing my neighbours or wife, while getting decent volume and tone through the mics. I think I might go out and find a good 1x12 bass combo and see what I an do. The bottom half of the closet will be the guitar iso box and the top half of the closet (yet to be built) will be the bass iso.

Back