If I moved to the countryside...

You haven't answered much of anything, to be frank. In fact you started off by saying that my own ears and sound meters, on location, are wrong, but YOU are right and started telling me I need to do this and that. You have absolutely no place taking any manner of moral high ground here. So just get down from your throne already.

There are several points here you've either ignored or just simply don't know (which is fine). I never said this cabin was my permanent place of residence. I never said I live in it. On the contrary, I believe I mentioned specifically that it is far away from home. I suppose you can start to see it now? I have so far had ONE chance, a couple of days, to test anything, to measure anything, to gauge whether or not the local neighbours can hear any noise or whether they're bothered by it too much.

I am indeed interested and serious. I didn't "misinterpret" what you said about tractors, for example, but I had no idea why you brought it up. Et cetera et cetera.

I would be especially interested in how concrete buildings absorb noise, but wooden buildings do not.

Best regards.

Then go do an online course on construction

Last edited:
Honestly...you're posts are often vague, even cryptic....
I try in life very hard to understand people, even when they make points that seem unintelligible or controversial or that I wholeheartedly disagree with or are seemingly confrontational and I always do so with the thought in the forefront of my mind that I could be misunderstanding something.........but I agree with Miroslav, big time, here. 61 posts in and I'm at a loss as to what this thread is actually about or has ever been about. :yawn:
I have not been this confused since 1993 when the borough I worked in suddenly changed their funding structures for voluntary organizations and insisted on "business plans" {rather than the funding applications that had been in use since 1969} that emphasized things we'd never heard of in the way the borough was now using these terms, like "outcomes" and "outputs." :eek:

+3

That's all I've been saying.

It seems each question or comment ends up going down another rabbit hole...and there are many of them, and then that stuff gets discussed to a "clear point of confusion" (I guess that's an oxymoron, but it makes sense here)...

...but then what's it all really leading to?

What are we actually building...?

Back